Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@Adamlambert wrote:

check out HSN and Evine.  They have 6 payments usually and free shipping a lot of the time. Oh yeah, NO TAX!!!!

Wrong; they do withhold tax.

Not on my purchases.  I'm never charged tax on HSN online or on Evine orders.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Tax is NOT charged on the item (some states also charge tax on s&h too) if there is not a store or distribution center in your state. At least that's how it used to be not sure now because EVERYTHING is taxed in Florida, including clothing😟👎🏻

Trusted Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@shannyland wrote:

I live paycheck to paycheck, so until I came to QVC I went to the big box stores and had to buy cheaply made, cheaply priced household goods. If the vacuum broke, it was a trip to Wally world for whatever junky one they had for $100 or less. A year later I would have to do it again because the vacuum no longer worked! I Love, Love, Love easy pay and QVC ! Since January I've gotten so many nice things. Thank you QVC, I have nicer things than most everyone I know, and The easy pay is just that, EASY !

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but please be careful.  EZ-pay can get you into trouble if you are not very careful and mindful of how you are using it.  Trust me. 

I'm very happy that on your income QVC can help you acquire nicer things. I understand exactly what you are saying and in that respect you can save some money( like your vacuum story) from the easy payments, etc. 

It is gratifying to know that you can be selective and procure good things for yourself to make life easier.

I don't think the comment about overspending was a necessary thing for you because so many of us know that on a limited budget you have to do just that.....BUDGET !!! 

Someone on a limited budget knows all too well they have to be careful with expenditures so if you get a little relief from QVC I am very happy for you.   Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

Welcome to the forums, shannyland!  I'm happy that QVC and their Easy Pay allows you to afford better quality items, rather than wasting your money on cheap products that don't last.  People who have never been in your circumstances don't realize what it is like to have no money to spare for

emergencies, let alone for little extras.  And, I might add that there are many more people living month to month from pay check to pay check (also social security, veteran's and disabiltiy benefits, etc...) than many realize.  So, I am particularly disturbed by the snide comments some have made, in response to your beneficial experience with Easy Pay.  As others have mentioned, HSN often has free shipping and extended payments, too.  Glad you've found something that makes your life easier!

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC changed my life!

[ Edited ]

If a retailer has any type of business facility  (and maybe other types of connections) in a particular state, customers from that state will be charged the applicable sales tax.  I have encountered one or two retailers that have jumped the gun on legislation that could be coming in the future and now collect state sales taxes on every customer, regardless of location, or at least that's what their sales reps have told me.. 

QVC and HSN do charge tax to all Virginians.  I don't believe Evine does.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC changed my life!

[ Edited ]

@Adamlambert wrote:

check out HSN and Evine.  They have 6 payments usually and free shipping a lot of the time. Oh yeah, NO TAX!!!!

All major retailers had voluntarily agreetdto collect the taxes so they all  now should be collecting taxes from all states regardless of physical presence in that state and it's only fair to the B & M stores.    Most states mandate that if you don't pay tax at the time of purchase you still must do so on your own.  Right now there is no way to really enforce this though.