Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, What is with all this. UPS to USPO shipping?

@Kachina 😂lol
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And now...there is Bluemail (do not know what this is) and DHL.

....and Amazon has their own vans for delivery.

Also, things must ship on one or two days per week.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Kachina624...I placed an order at Kohls.... Half of it shipped UPS and the other half FEDEX...

Both were delivered by the PO..

Occasional Contributor

I've been talking to them about this since they began it!  Where I live is rural and UPS/FEDEX deliver right to the house.  USPS however is more difficult.  Mailbox being a mile from the house & mail carrier won't drive to the house.  If a pkg won't fit in the mailbox they leave it @ the PO, leave a notice & it must be collected fromt there.  Don't get the notice till end of day so can't pick up till next day @ the soonest.  Trip to PO is 35 miles roundtrip.  Stand in line there for up to 45 min.  It all just causes me to not order anything that potentially won't fit in the mailbox.  What happened to having a choice of shipper?  That used to be excellent for me. 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

And now...there is Bluemail (do not know what this is) and DHL.

....and Amazon has their own vans for delivery.

Also, things must ship on one or two days per week.

My husband works for a local delivery company.  UPS drops stuff off to them and they deliver.    

Sometimes it takes 4 days to get stuff that transfers to the post office.   Not a fan either, but I don't order anything I want fast.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

At least you are getting your shipments.  I have a PO box by necessity (live in the woods) and many items are bounced back to sender.  I don't know who is doing it.  Evine has told me the only way to get kitchen items is to upgrade to express shipping.  I have found I can get the item the second time from QVC, how ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl@depglass

Maybe it’s time for sellers to look at sales lost due to extremely long shipping times.

When we go out of town to visit family, I just don’t order three weeks beforehand.

Honored Contributor

Oh come on!  What happened to the days of getting in your car and shopping locally? Waiting for plants/bottled water to be delivered?? Really? SMH

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I usually can track my orders well if they are UPS or FedEx...but now since UPS passes them off to USPS, I never know if and when they will be delivered and what condition they will be in. Impossible to place accountability on one company since both are involved in shipping. I ordered several Yankee Candles 10 days ago....they arrived on my front porch on the day promised. First shipped by UPS then given to USPS....when I opened the box I discovered at some point they had been shipped with the box turned on its end, the wax had melted and was all over the inside of the box..,huge mess. Had to take the box and drive to a Yankee store and get them replaced; huge inconvenience. Impossible to know who carried them in the truck on their side. Not sure why USPS gets the last leg of shipments now but I don't like it. Also got a Vera Bradley pkg that was put on the edge of my porch...half of the box was on the sidewalk....it rained.....the stuff inside was soaked. I could go on!

New Contributor

Lately I've noticed my QVC orders are taking as long as almost 2 full weeks to get to my home, when in the past it was always about 1 week. I totally agree about passing off the package to the Post Office to deliver--what a time waste. If QVC is trying to save $$, this is not the area to cut back in...I'm getting pretty irritated waiting for my shipments.