Honored Contributor

Re: QVC- Suggestions for change and why I shop less and less here

[ Edited ]

QVC just needs to become competitive...their prices are too high for what they sell and the shipping structure is light years behind almost every other company.....$65 for a polyester tee plus shipping is not competitive.....

Respected Contributor

@Quse  I totally agree.  I shop most of my fashion items at JCPENNY or Macy's, because it is usually free when it reaches $100, and sometimes even lower like $50.  I like many items at QVC, but like you said, I don't want to pay $28 for shipping. So, many times I don't buy from QVC. If I do, I only buy one item, instead of multiple.  QVC would have made more money from me if there was free shipping. I just placed an $100 order from HSN not too long ago, because shipping was free once you reach $100 for fashion.

Honored Contributor

If you don't want to spend $100 at Macy's you can just add a nail polish or anything in beauty dept and the entire order will be free shipping. Same for Belk and some other stores. I do this all the time when I only want to order something that is less than $100.
Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Quse  QVC is so antiquated in  the way they service their customers... it is what will be QVC's  downfall.... shipping should be free.

Like Amazon... offer a deal like prime that you pay once a year for for free same day or 2 day shipping. 

I suppose it is the CEO who wants the extra $$$ but in the long run charging such huge shipping rates will end up with lost customer base.  You can just about buy anything QVC sells on other sites and for a better deal. Google is a shoppers friend... and will show you much better deals than QVC,

@SeaMaiden I agree with the antiquated customer service, but disagree with free shipping. I would actually much rather a separate shipping total, so that I know what I'm being charged. I work for a company that sells on Amazon. We offer free shipping....but shipping is never free. It's always built into the price. Yes, you can google the lowest including shipping, but many retailers are locked into MAP (minimum advertised price) with their vendors...meaning, if they go lower than the minimum designated by the vendor, the vendor will stop doing business with them. You might get a deal here and there, but pricing is set...and retailers talk to each other. You actually end up paying more in shipping charges with "free shipping" if you purchase multiples, bcz the shipping charge is factored in to each item. Additionally, people think it's great with Amazon to return stuff because Amazon will just generate a return label. Little known fact: for some items, you will pay much more in shipping with Amazon's auto generated labels than if u went to the post office and paid yourself. Yes, those Amazon labels are not free. Well over 1/2 of what's on Amazon is not sold by Amazon, the inventory belongs to 3rd party sellers..like my employer. Changes are coming on Amazon, and according to posts on the sellers forums, they will be across the board higher pricing, less being sold on Amazon....and taxes. I'd much rather have a separate shipping charge, so I know exactly what I'm paying. To me it just seems more honest. Smiley HappyJust my .0000002 cents 

This is sooooooooooooooooooo NOT TRUE!!!!!  ..........and you also have the option to only by from Amazon if that is what you want to do!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Quse  QVC is so antiquated in  the way they service their customers... it is what will be QVC's  downfall.... shipping should be free.

Like Amazon... offer a deal like prime that you pay once a year for for free same day or 2 day shipping. 

I suppose it is the CEO who wants the extra $$$ but in the long run charging such huge shipping rates will end up with lost customer base.  You can just about buy anything QVC sells on other sites and for a better deal. Google is a shoppers friend... and will show you much better deals than QVC,

@SeaMaiden I agree with the antiquated customer service, but disagree with free shipping. I would actually much rather a separate shipping total, so that I know what I'm being charged. I work for a company that sells on Amazon. We offer free shipping....but shipping is never free. It's always built into the price. Yes, you can google the lowest including shipping, but many retailers are locked into MAP (minimum advertised price) with their vendors...meaning, if they go lower than the minimum designated by the vendor, the vendor will stop doing business with them. You might get a deal here and there, but pricing is set...and retailers talk to each other. You actually end up paying more in shipping charges with "free shipping" if you purchase multiples, bcz the shipping charge is factored in to each item. Additionally, people think it's great with Amazon to return stuff because Amazon will just generate a return label. Little known fact: for some items, you will pay much more in shipping with Amazon's auto generated labels than if u went to the post office and paid yourself. Yes, those Amazon labels are not free. Well over 1/2 of what's on Amazon is not sold by Amazon, the inventory belongs to 3rd party sellers..like my employer. Changes are coming on Amazon, and according to posts on the sellers forums, they will be across the board higher pricing, less being sold on Amazon....and taxes. I'd much rather have a separate shipping charge, so I know exactly what I'm paying. To me it just seems more honest. Smiley HappyJust my .0000002 cent

I do not buy from 3rd party sellers  Smiley Sad  .....................I only buy from Amazon  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I had the same experience—got no response to a note a few hours later and then was told early the following morning it was too late.  However, the shipping notice wasn’t sent for another fifteen hours. 

When the wrong color appeared on an email invoice, a customer service guy wasn’t helpful, but afterward a woman treated me as if I were Queen Elizabeth.  Don’t they have consistent training or monitor their reps?

Occasional Contributor

I had the same experience—got no response to a note a few hours later and then was told early the following morning it was too late.  However, the shipping notice wasn’t sent for another fifteen hours. 

When the wrong color appeared on an email invoice, a customer service guy wasn’t helpful, but afterward a woman treated me as if I were Queen Elizabeth.  Don’t they have consistent training or monitor their reps?

babslee

Super Contributor

I have always questioned why I have to pay shipping for each item even when I order same item, same size, just different colors.  When you order multiples of one item it should be one shipping charge.  God forbid the stuff doesn't fit then you are stuck returning each item @6.95 shipping.  Considering the inconsistent sizing that's madness.  QVC prices seem high lately period!  You add shipping and sometimes returns it just doesn't pay to order anymore. 

Honored Contributor

$69. for a top at QVC plus $3.00 shipping is way too much.  This week I got $171. worth of clothing at Macy's online for $31.  Free shipping.  I know their brands so everything is a perfect fit too.   Also, a lot of the purchases go toward Macy's points and when you have enough you get a "Star Reward" of $10. which you can use for almost any purchase including beauty items.

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Quse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I agree with the antiquated customer service, but disagree with free shipping. I would actually much rather a separate shipping total, so that I know what I'm being charged. I work for a company that sells on Amazon. We offer free shipping....but shipping is never free. It's always built into the price. Yes, you can google the lowest including shipping, but many retailers are locked into MAP (minimum advertised price) with their vendors...meaning, if they go lower than the minimum designated by the vendor, the vendor will stop doing business with them. You might get a deal here and there, but pricing is set...and retailers talk to each other. You actually end up paying more in shipping charges with "free shipping" if you purchase multiples, bcz the shipping charge is factored in to each item. Additionally, people think it's great with Amazon to return stuff because Amazon will just generate a return label. Little known fact: for some items, you will pay much more in shipping with Amazon's auto generated labels than if u went to the post office and paid yourself. Yes, those Amazon labels are not free. Well over 1/2 of what's on Amazon is not sold by Amazon, the inventory belongs to 3rd party sellers..like my employer. Changes are coming on Amazon, and according to posts on the sellers forums, they will be across the board higher pricing, less being sold on Amazon....and taxes. I'd much rather have a separate shipping charge, so I know exactly what I'm paying. To me it just seems more honest. Smiley HappyJust my .0000002 cents 

This is sooooooooooooooooooo NOT TRUE!!!!!  ..........and you also have the option to only by from Amazon if that is what you want to do!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what part isn't true, since we deal with this every single day....as a thrid party seller..on Amazon. I wish you luck. Just because it ships from Amazon doesn't mean you are buying from Amazon.