Respected Contributor

Re: QVC'S SELL-BY DATE HAS EXPIRED

@stevieb wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I am not one of those "say something nice or don't say anything at all" people.  I like to hear other people's opinions.  I may not share them but I still like to hear/read them.  I think there are too many of the "go away, poster" comments on this board.  QVC could benefit from reading everything and taking some things into consideration.

@santorini  Well said and I agree with you. QVC loyalists are welcome to their opinion but so are those who've seen the man behind the curtain. A big part of many of today's problems is this mentality that so many people don't want to know about any point of view that might not match their own. It's like it upsets their world to know there are other perspectives out there and they might have to reexamine their opinions.

@stevieb, so are you saying that those who purchase from QVC are under some Wizard's spell? They've been charmed by a mystic into buying and that they lack the critical thinking skills to price compare? Or that they are unaware of what's available at brick & mortars? Or elsewhere online?

That they are labeled loyalist because after seeing something on QVC they look at Amazon and then the vendor's site and find QVC has something $20 cheaper, with extra add-ons, and in a choice of colors? Of course that doesn't hold true for all products, but it's an example. 

Here's an example of my last three purchases:

Item A.) Half the price of the vendor's website. Free shipping and arrived in four days.

Item B.) Duo deal-two of the same item cheaper than one from vendor's site. $50.40 for two on QVC, and $54 for one from the vendor and Sephora. Free shipping and arrived in seven days.

Item C. Duo deal- two of same item. Cost at QVC for both $65. Cost at vendor and Sephora $140 for one. I did pay $3.50 shipping. Arrived in 6 days.

You are correct that there is a lack at viewing other points of view. That lack seems the premise of the OP's post. There is a way to phrase that you are displeased with a shopping site without insulting those who continue to shop stating they're being suckered, that they're buying junk, that they're being used. In my opinion that reeks of arrogance. 

How can one speak, as if with authority, to the quality and value if the items never been tried or purchased?

There's a lack or understanding and tolerance not to realize that we don't all have the same taste, same priorities, or same view of what constitutes quality, value or convenience.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i am so over posters telling others what or where to buy or not buy

get over yourselves

you do not know it all

not even close

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I am not one of those "say something nice or don't say anything at all" people.  I like to hear other people's opinions.  I may not share them but I still like to hear/read them.  I think there are too many of the "go away, poster" comments on this board.  QVC could benefit from reading everything and taking some things into consideration.

@santorini  Well said and I agree with you. QVC loyalists are welcome to their opinion but so are those who've seen the man behind the curtain. A big part of many of today's problems is this mentality that so many people don't want to know about any point of view that might not match their own. It's like it upsets their world to know there are other perspectives out there and they might have to reexamine their opinions.

@stevieb, so are you saying that those who purchase from QVC are under some Wizard's spell? They've been charmed by a mystic into buying and that they lack the critical thinking skills to price compare? Or that they are unaware of what's available at brick & mortars? Or elsewhere online?

That they are labeled loyalist because after seeing something on QVC they look at Amazon and then the vendor's site and find QVC has something $20 cheaper, with extra add-ons, and in a choice of colors? Of course that doesn't hold true for all products, but it's an example. 

Item A.) Half the price of the vendor's website. Free shipping and arrived in four days.

Item B.) Duo deal-two of the same item cheaper than one from vendor's site. $50.40 for two on QVC, and $54 for one from the vendor and Sephora. Free shipping and arrived in seven days.

Item C. Duo deal- two of same item. Cost at QVC for both $65. Cost at vendor and Sephora $140 for one. I did pay $3.50 shipping. Arrived in 6 days.

You are correct that there is a lack at viewing other points of view. That lack seems the premise of the OP's post. There is a way to phrase that you are displeased with a shopping site without insulting those who continue to shop stating they're being suckered, that they're buying junk, that they're being used. In my opinion that reeks of arrogance. 

How can one speak, as if with authority, to the quality and value if the items never been tried or purchased?

There's a lack or understanding and tolerance not to realize that we don't all have the same taste, same priorities, or same view of what constitutes quality, value or convenience.

@Etoile308   Very well said.

My perspective is not about being a loyalist in the least, or being closed to others' contrasting opinions -- far from it.

The OP started what could have been a good discussion, but instead threw in passive insults at those who do choose to continue to shop with QVC. People have very different & valid reasons for shopping here, but none of those reasons are apparently intelligent ones, based on what the OP stated.  

People who don't know how to communicate an opposing idea without insulting others are not just expressing their opinions.  They take it further and light a match to disparage choices.  That's the tired old, "I'm smarter than you" argument. 

No. 

I very much like to hear contrasting opinions of others.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@slmsia    Please take your business elsewhere and don't bother with your nonsense.  We shop here and understand the situation, apparently better than you.

Those of us who don't buy much from Q anymore do indeed know the situation. I shop around.  Everything I've been interested in was found less expensive elsewhere, whether it's sale prices, promo codes, coupons, free shipping, etc. If it's not the exact same item, it's almost identical. There is no need to put down someone. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Exactly!!

Honored Contributor

@slmsia You'll be back!

Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler

Good Lord! This is a formum. This was an opinion. My opinion.  I don't do social media for this reason. I appreciate ALL of your replies.  I respect your opinions.  But really, isn't life more important than being ugly if you do not "like" (ugh, that social media phenom) what someone says? It was a forum opinion. That's all. I always heart something I like, if I ever come here which is rarely, but if I don't like something or care about something I read, I just move on.  I know some of you absolutely love QVC and that's fine. If you don't like a post, just ignore it. Including mine!  That is what forums are set up to do.  Voice differing opinions. God bless all of you and may your hands always be busy.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@Etoile308   Very well said.

My perspective is not about being a loyalist in the least, or being closed to others' contrasting opinions -- far from it.

The OP started what could have been a good discussion, but instead threw in passive insults at those who do choose to continue to shop with QVC. People have very different & valid reasons for shopping here, but none of those reasons are apparently intelligent ones, based on what the OP stated.  

People who don't know how to communicate an opposing idea without insulting others are not just expressing their opinions.  They take it further and light a match to disparage choices.  That's the tired old, "I'm smarter than you" argument. 

No. 

I very much like to hear contrasting opinions of others.

Not all all @Etoile308. Those are your words. Anyone and everyone is free to shop wherever and with whomever they choose. That said, it's undeniable that reading many of the posts on these forums would indicate there are a number of shoppers who appear not to consider options but automatically and somewhat mindlessly default to QVC, ignoring any number of factors. If, as you say, that description doesn't fit any given inidividual then they need not be concerned with the assessment.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm shocked!   So, QVC didn't go out of business yesterday?????

Valued Contributor

Normally I stand up for those who post in the suggestion box, but wow. So much rage for a shopping channel! I would agree with some of your points, but it could have been said with a little less freak out anger. Also, your point could have been made with less redundant points.