Super Contributor

Re: QVC: Re Harry London Orders

I received an e-mail today that those orders have been cancelled.

Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 KYToby said:
On 12/4/2014 stevieb said:

I think what folks are indicating is that a communication from QVC would be appropriate, which I don't see posted anywhere. If they are offering ten dollars for the inconvenience that's a very nice gesture. I will say they didn't offer me squat when they cancelled my Harry London spring delivery... Oh well... Maybe they're learning...

Wink

You are right. Simple communication that they were assessing the situation and the ultimate decision would probably have bought them more good will than ten dollars.

And yet, other threads on this having popped up by now, it seems that some can't be pleased regardless... Maybe the Q could've emailed them sooner, but there's still time for those planning to give chocolates as gifts to get something else. Inconvenient, perhaps, but it is what it is, and at least they're finally alerting customers and offering a little something for their trouble...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I placed an online order last night and the system told me that I had a $10 credit, so I knew it was for my 2 HL orders. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I really regret not choosing the November ship date, but who could have guessed this would happen?

Oddly, though, my orders still say 'In Process'. I wouldn't mind getting them late if there's a possibility HL could fill them. I'll have enough sweets for the holidays, and these were not for gift-giving, so I could certainly wait.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

My Nutcracker order has canceled, was wondering if they will sell next year (nutcracker tins) I hope the other order comes really like the tins ! Thank you for the $10 credit. It's a shame the fire had to happen, just glad no one got hurt!

Respected Contributor

Update: My Nutcracker order shipped and is out for delivery today. My other order which was to come in a holiday train tin was cancelled as of today. I'm glad I'm getting one order at least.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Mine was cancelled today, so I went to Waggoners..

I really wanted those nutcracker tins..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Cas said:

I ordered a tin of Waggoners....never had them...hope they are good....are you familiar with that brand???

Valued Contributor

Yes, they're good, I like them even more than Harry London, but
I really wanted those nutcrackers. I have 4 people set for chocolates
on my list and I don't want to search for new stuff at this late date!!

Maybe they'll do the nutcrackers again next year, I'll be there!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 circles said:
On 12/9/2014 Cas said:

I ordered a tin of Waggoners....never had them...hope they are good....are you familiar with that brand???

You should be pleased. They are WAY better.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you to both of you for your replies...I am looking forward to trying them....