Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs

@Puppy Lips You make some very good points. There will once again be plenty of reasonably priced American clothing manufacturers now that they aren’t paying higher taxes to manufacture in the US. Also if we support them and they give jobs to our fellow Americans we are helping each other. The companies that want to support American college graduates, workers are who I will be supporting, not the ones importing foreign college graduates, workers.

Trusted Contributor

I work for a large corporation that outsources positions in my particular area of work.  What gets me angry....

I am paid hourly

there is only so much work per week

when the work gets done at the end of the week hopefully I have put in all of my hours for the week

If there is not enough work I have to use to use either PTO or if I don't have PTO, it goes unpaid time. 

I am a full time employee...however the company uses contract employees from other countries.  This takes work away from me. 

The company has to pay me benefits to me, but not the overseas employees!!  Which I bet are paid a lot less.  And I have seen the work they do.  It is not very good at all.  A lot of mistakes 

I personally don't think this is fair.....But I guess this is how big business are run these days.

Respected Contributor

@Ketra

I am not arguing with you, ok?  But what jobs are being outsourced?  When you phone CS, are those people in another country?  I never call, so I don't know.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra

"sent their USA customer service jobs to Poland."

Can you please provide a link of where you got your info from?  Per Q's website....

Customer Service
1200 Wilson Drive at Studio Park
West Chester, PA 19380

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@Ketra

"sent their USA customer service jobs to Poland."

Can you please provide a link of where you got your info from?  Per Q's website....

Customer Service
1200 Wilson Drive at Studio Park
West Chester, PA 19380

@Mz iMac  I think @Ketra is talking about the layoffs QVC made 2 years ago — they moved about 220 jobs in HR, IT, finance, and legal to Krakow, Poland.  At the same time, QVC was hiring 230 people for jobs in Pennsylvania, and another 500 jobs across the United States.  That’s the full story.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra  From what I understand from a news article in a Philly paper parts of QVC's HR, IT, Finance and Legal Depts are being combined and moved to Krackow, Poland in an effort to stay competitive and continue to expand globally.  It is not just the US departments but the other countries' as well.  It stated 100 in West Chester will loose their jobs, 40 in the UK, 70 in Germany and 10 in Italy.  It's good business sense to combine these areas of their business all over the world to one main area especially for consistency and to eliminate multi offices doing the same job.  It's not really outsourcing - just making one department to handle all their global businesses.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper@Pook

Thank you both for providing the whole story.  The OP should have provided links or the source of her statements.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Well, if the E.U. decides to imposes tariffs against clothing made in the U.S. as well as makeup made in the U.S., I imagine that QVC may lose any trade advantage that it currently has operating in France, Italy, and Germany.

I don't know about the U.K. though since they are still part of the E.U. I don't know if those tariffs would apply to companies based in the U.S. or ones that actually manufacture in the U.S. though. It's hard to believe that if the E.U. imposes trade tariffs that it wouldn't affect QVC's parent company adversely.

Trusted Contributor

My whole point is that QVC jobs were outsourced and American workers lost their jobs to foreign workers. Many workers had been with QVC from the beginning. Since the recent government corporate tax cuts, many corporations are moving their factories, plants & divisions back to the U.S. I hope that QVC employees are benefiting from those recent tax cuts and that QVC never resorts to outsourcing US jobs again.

I don’t believe QVC allows links to be included, but I will try so that information can be validated. The following is older information regarding QVC job outsourcing and in no way reflects QVC’s current policies or actions.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/qvc-layoffs-send-shock-waves/

https://www.phillymag.com/business/2016/02/19/qvc-layoffs-poland/

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/qvc-layoffs-send-shock-waves/

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac Links included in my msg below along with further clarification.😊