Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs

@TY Yes, it’s going to be interesting to see what happens with the trade tariffs😳

I think it could be better for us in the long run. We’ll see...

Honored Contributor

@Ketra

Thanks. 

Links proves the  jobs were NOT outsourced.  Just combined for Q's "international" business.

Also, links does not mention CS outsourced to Poland.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac Yes, the jobs were outsourced. Read all of the articles (all three links). Jobs

were taken from QVC USA workers and given to Polish workers because it was cheaper because of higher U.S. corporate tax rates. However, now that US corporate tax rates are suddenly in line with other countries, and with tariff uncertainties, jobs may be coming back to American workers. There’s a silver lining for someone in every situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStaywrote:

My husband's supervisor customer service job went to India so I'm all for it! After a few years, he's finally set in an even better job, but there for a long time we were hurting.

I think most members of my family who dabbled in technology have been in such a bind.  It is tiresome when we have supported their businesses and then they take away our jobs.  Some of the worst are the companies that outsource our medical records to countries that are our sworn enemies and they do not care whether the work is right or not.  They are just waiting for a paycheck and neither the company or the hospitals audit the work and doctors are having to leave practice for this kind of thing.  That is why we have so few ethical doctors any more.

Honored Contributor

@Pookwrote:

@Ketra  From what I understand from a news article in a Philly paper parts of QVC's HR, IT, Finance and Legal Depts are being combined and moved to Krackow, Poland in an effort to stay competitive and continue to expand globally.  It is not just the US departments but the other countries' as well.  It stated 100 in West Chester will loose their jobs, 40 in the UK, 70 in Germany and 10 in Italy.  It's good business sense to combine these areas of their business all over the world to one main area especially for consistency and to eliminate multi offices doing the same job.  It's not really outsourcing - just making one department to handle all their global businesses.

Good business sense is not running off your current wife for the prettier one across town.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

Good business sense is not running off your current wife for the prettier one across town.

HUH!!  Apples and orange comparison.  Marriage is not a business.  

Why have several areas doing what one can do and yes that is good business sense!

Honored Contributor

Businesses use all kinds of words to describe their need to outsource.... international strategy, unable to find qualified workers in the US, blah blah blah.  In my book, it's completely unethical to outsource to other countries.  There are people in those countries who need jobs too.  There are people in this country who need jobs.

I worked for a huge corporation that outsourced the last 5-8 years before I retired.  They had all kinds of reasons but they were bogus.  I was in a position to hear and know more than a lot of people.  I worked there 39 years and it really soured me on that company.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

@Ketrawrote:

QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs.

I’m not being argumentative, this is a very reasonable suggestion. Americans buy from you, QVC should look after Americans. That’s a fair request.

Well, there is such a thing as not buying from QVC if this practice continues.

There are a number of companies that I refuse to do business with because they outsourced to other countries.  I feel better but know one person won't change anything.  Tax laws need to change so it's expensive to outsource.  Right now, tax laws benefit companies who outsource.

Trusted Contributor

CalminTheHeart Wrote: There are a number of companies that I refuse to do business with because they outsourced to other countries. I feel better but know one person won't change anything. Tax laws need to change so it's expensive to outsource. Right now, tax laws benefit companies who outsource.

@CalminHeart I agree, one person doesn’t make a difference, but lots of people do.

The U.S. had the highest corporate tax rates of any country, that’s why companies moved their businesses overseas. They couldn’t compete operating in the U.S. at those rates. Now that corporate tax rates have been lowered and are in line with what other countries are paying, U.S. businesses are moving their plants and operations back home. This is very good for American workers. Once all the negotiating is over regarding tariffs, I believe those will be good for America as well. It’s been rather lopsided for a while. It’s nice to see some leaders stand up for American workers. I’m optimistic and haven’t been so for some time.😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketrawrote:

CalminTheHeart Wrote: There are a number of companies that I refuse to do business with because they outsourced to other countries. I feel better but know one person won't change anything. Tax laws need to change so it's expensive to outsource. Right now, tax laws benefit companies who outsource.

@CalminHeart I agree, one person doesn’t make a difference, but lots of people do.

The U.S. had the highest corporate tax rates of any country, that’s why companies moved their businesses overseas. They couldn’t compete operating in the U.S. at those rates. Now that corporate tax rates have been lowered and are in line with what other countries are paying, U.S. businesses are moving their plants and operations back home. This is very good for American workers. Once all the negotiating is over regarding tariffs, I believe those will be good for America as well. It’s been rather lopsided for a while. It’s nice to see some leaders stand up for American workers. I’m optimistic and haven’t been so for some time.😊

When you consider that countless huge businesses pay little to no taxes, the tax rate become moot.  If businesses paid their fair share, it wouldn't be such an issue to lower their tax rate.  

IMO, the tax rate is a non-issue.  if businesses want to be honest and ethical, they would not outsource in the first place.  

After the new tax cuts, just in January, businesses laid off or outsourced over 100,000 American jobs.  This is just wrong, no matter what is the tax rate.