Trusted Contributor

QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs

QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs.

I’m not being argumentative, this is a very reasonable suggestion. Americans buy from you, QVC should look after Americans. That’s a fair request.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs

@Ketrawrote:

QVC Please Quit Outsourcing Jobs Overseas When U.S. Citizens Need Jobs.

I’m not being argumentative, this is a very reasonable suggestion. Americans buy from you, QVC should look after Americans. That’s a fair request.

Well, there is such a thing as not buying from QVC if this practice continues.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday There is that. But I would like to think QVC will rethink these business practices, because I think myself and many others will put their money where their heart is if they don’t. I will contact QVC corporate and get a response regarding future outsourcing and post here and FB. I want to support companies that give jobs to Americans first, not foreigners first.

Honored Contributor

QVC is in other countries so it's not just Americans who buy from QVC.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My husband's supervisor customer service job went to India so I'm all for it! After a few years, he's finally set in an even better job, but there for a long time we were hurting.

Honored Contributor

The complaints are already on this board about how clothes, etc. have become so expensive at QVC that they are not buying anymore. If items are made in America the price will go up even more. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

The complaints are already on this board about how clothes, etc. have become so expensive at QVC that they are not buying anymore. If items are made in America the price will go up even more. 

Sadly this is true. I greatly appreciate when Susan Graver  and other vendors point out item made in USA. For me it is definite plus.

Trusted Contributor

@Pook I’m aware of that. I lived in the UK, and QVC UK hires British people because that’s where they are located. I know QVC is an American owned global corporation out to make money. However, they got their start in America, prospered in America, grew into a multi-national corporation from America so one might hope they would not continue to outsource jobs like American QVC Customer Service to places like Poland. Why not give those jobs to Americans since they are supporting QVC United States. If a company wants a lot of loyal customers they better be loyal to the people that afforded them the opportunity of becoming a global corporation. To become successful as a corporation, and then fire the employees that supported the QVC American Division so you can send their jobs to Poland or China, is not loyal. I will ask QVC Corporate about the future of outsourcing in their company and post their response. Based on their response, myself and others will have to decide if we want to continue giving our hard earned money to QVC or to another American owned multi-national company that still looks after American workers interest first.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to deal with several companies that outsourced their whole credit departments to India, from the US.  It makes me mad every time I have to talk to or email someone in India.  Regarding QVC, prices are already high enough and I imagine US made clothing would cost more.  I buy mostly clothes, and frankly I don't think there are a lot of clothing manufacturers in America anymore.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

As I stated in my answer to @Pook below, I’m not talking about jobs at QVC multi-national locations. I’m talking about the outsourcing of jobs directly supporting QVC USA. The people that were with them from the ground up and when they got big, successful and went global, fired them and sent their USA customer service jobs to Poland. All I’m saying is jobs that support the QVC USA division should be offered to Americans first. All of these USA customer service jobs sent overseas should be handled by US workers, and US companies should actually care if fellow Americans have money to feed their families.  I believe it’s going to be an even greater issue now. People are going to stop supporting American companies that give jobs to foreigners first. I know I will.