Honored Contributor

QVC Needs to Offer More Information on F12625-Flip Box Cooler

Recently QVC offered up (on air) the above mentioned cooler.  Of course, I bought a large one and a small one, seemed like a good idea.

Then it occurred to me that I didn't hear the Vendor mention anything about putting ice into the container.  All she kept mentioning was you could fill it up with cold things and the product would stay cold.

So I called Customer Service because the people who answer the phone didn't know the answer to my question.....

My question was two-fold:  1)Do you have to fill up the box in order that the product stays cold and 2) Can you put loose ice into the chest?

Customer Service answered after reading and re-reading the description two times.  She said, (paraphrasing), "Well you should put something else in the box if your cold product does not fill it.  It works best when the box is full."

Then she said:  "It isn't waterproof since it collapses, so you can put loose ice cubes in it (the water will leak out)".

I received the boxes as it was too late to cancel them.  They are quite large and it would take a lot of product to fill up these boxes.  

I just opened each on up, put in the return label and now I have to haul the things back to the post office.  This has been a rather expensive (I think so) lesson on my part.

So, finally, to QVC:  For goodness sakes please explain that these things are NOT  waterproof and you can't put loose ice cubes.  Explain that they work best without a doubt if you fill them up with SOMETHING.......

Phew!  It's not just about the money, it's the fact that it isn't easy hauling them to the post office.

I listened to the presentation several times (it was the first and second time offered) and my questions were NOT answered.  Perhaps they changed the presentation, I hope so.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Needs to Offer More Information on F12625-Flip Box Cooler

@Annabellethecat66   You never have to haul things back to the post office.  There are instructions under Customer Service for requesting a pick up from the post office, using the Q label.  You go online to the USPS website and schedule it.  Works like a charm. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Sorry this comes too late for you to have the information, but I heard the presentation for this item once and definitely heard the vendor say you do not need ice (I don't remember the host for this presentation).  She also said it's best to use all the space in the container to keep the temperature cold (or hot).

In addition, here's what the description says on QVC online:

• 26-quart capacity
  • Collapsible, stackable, lightweight, ice-less cooler and hot-food insulated box
  • Constructed of durable, shock-absorbent and food-safe polypropylene
  • Approximate measurements: Assembled 10-1/4"H x 18-1/4"W x 16-3/4"L; Collapsed 4-1/2"H x 16-1/2"W x 16-1/2"L
  • 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Imported

I don't know why customer service apparently had a hard time with that information.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I think you misunderstood.  I never heard them say, "It's not airtight, so you can't put loose ice in it (like most ice chests)".  I did hear them say it works best (best being the key word) if you fill it up and I even remember hearing her say, 'You can put paper or something in there to fill up the space'.  

I just assumed you could fill up the space by putting in ice.  I mean that would make sense, right?  But the ice would leak out.

There are things that are collapsible that would be airtight but this isn't one of them.

My fault was that I didn't go to the website and check out things BEFORE I'd bought the things.  It wasn't until it was too late to cancel that I went to the website (AFTER) I saw another presentation later.

Not a big deal.  Just awkward having to haul it back to the post office.  As I said, my back and two knees are so bad that everything is a challenge right now this is just a pain (figuratively and literally)  Ha!

I think it's stupid to have a chest that holds hold and cold and not be able to put loose ice in it.  But I guess that's just me.

Live and learn.  

Thanks to all of those who responded.  I just wanted to let other's know what I'd found out.  CS was nice but she didn't understand until she read it all out to me on the phone!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Maybe where you live, but where I live, ummmm....not so much.

I have an on-going tug of war with our mail deliverer.  Our favorite guy (for more than 30 years) is retiring.  The people (several of them) replacing him have problems.

They put boxes in the mailbox that are impossible to get out (had to call main post office to have someone get the thing out of the mailbox).

They let the things sit out in the rain (and they even get muddy).  

Anyway, I just take the stuff into a post office, check it in and it works.

The other day I received one of those plastic clothing packages with nothing in it.  The seal was open and the Isaac T-shirt was gone.  I just called CS at QVC and they sent me another one.  I think the package just didn't seal and it's out in the world....living a happy life on someone else...free of charge.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Well they say if you love something, set it free.  I guess some mail clerk loved your tee. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper I think you misunderstood.  I never heard them say, "It's not airtight, so you can't put loose ice in it (like most ice chests)".  I did hear them say it works best (best being the key word) if you fill it up and I even remember hearing her say, 'You can put paper or something in there to fill up the space'.  

I just assumed you could fill up the space by putting in ice.  I mean that would make sense, right?  But the ice would leak out.

There are things that are collapsible that would be airtight but this isn't one of them.

My fault was that I didn't go to the website and check out things BEFORE I'd bought the things.  It wasn't until it was too late to cancel that I went to the website (AFTER) I saw another presentation later.

Not a big deal.  Just awkward having to haul it back to the post office.  As I said, my back and two knees are so bad that everything is a challenge right now this is just a pain (figuratively and literally)  Ha!

I think it's stupid to have a chest that holds hold and cold and not be able to put loose ice in it.  But I guess that's just me.

Live and learn.  

Thanks to all of those who responded.  I just wanted to let other's know what I'd found out.  CS was nice but she didn't understand until she read it all out to me on the phone!  Ha! 

@Annabellethecat66 You raise very good points and I think that the vendor must have read your comments (or some how got wind of your comments) because I saw a presentation this w/e, I think it was ITKWM, and they made it a point to address the very same issues that you raise, unfortunately it was too late for you of course.  And please keep in mind that you can always arrange to have the post office pick up from your home, it does work like a charm.  Take care.