Occasional Contributor

QVC Needs a New Financial Partner for the QCard

I've had a QCard for months now and am having continuing problems with the Synchrony Bank website when paying my monthly bill.  I always pay my statement balance in full but on all but one occasion (maybe two), I hit the button for my statement balance but when I go to confirm the payment, it defaults to the "Other" button with $25.00 filled in the box.  I then have to go back in and correct the amount of the payment and it usually takes it the second time.  I have to wonder if the bank or QVC is trying to "trick" (which may be a harsh word) into paying less than the statement balance so interest will accrue on the account.  The first time I paid on line I didn't notice it at all but when I got my email confirmation I did and had to go back in and make a second payment to clear my balance.  I get absolutely no help from Synchrony Bank customer service - they just say they're sorry and do I want to make a payment!!!!!!.  Another problem I've been having the last 2 or 3 months is when I hit the "print confirmation" button, there is nothing on the document to print; just a blank piece of paper.  This isn't as annoying because I get an email confirmation but why is this stuff so difficult.  The website (Synchrony) is just awful.  The newest thing is the site wants me to confirm my annual income and press the confirm button and nothing happens; have to hit the cancel button so I can go to the place to make my payment.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I wish there was someone at QVC who could be made aware of these problems with their financial partner.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Needs a New Financial Partner for the QCard

[ Edited ]

Sorry I'm no help. I pay all my bills through my credit union bill pay that way I say what day it gets paid not them.

Can you pay your bills through you Bank's bill pay?

It should not be set up with a payment amount already entered. I agree it's a sneaky way to get some interest out of the customer. I would not be a happy camper because I don't pay that high interest & also pay mine off in full each month.

In June when I set up my Discover payment a charge came thru on billing day which I did not catch so it was outstanding. I was furious until I saw Discover Did Dot Charge me interest. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

so sorry you are having troubles but I would look at it this way...

what purpose the does the Q card serve?  if it's really that much trouble paying the bill why bother with it....life is too short to

get all messed up with paying a credit card.

The Q just partners with that bank, I'm sure they don't have any control how their processing bank operates.

Frequent Contributor

Last month I called qvc customer service and was able to make my payment over the phone.  Even got a confirmation number.  Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Sorry I'm no help. I pay all my bills through my credit union bill pay that way I say what day it gets paid not them.

Can you pay your bills through you Bank's bill pay?

It should not be set up with a payment amount already entered. I agree it's a sneaky way to get some interest out of the customer. I would not be a happy camper because I don't pay that high interest & also pay mine off in full each month.

In June when I set up my Discover payment a charge came thru on billing day which I did not catch so it was outstanding. I was furious until I saw Discover Did Dot Charge me interest. 

While it does not solve the issues with the website, I agree with you when it comes to paying through the bank or credit union.  I prefer this method myself simply because then I do not have to keep track of confirmation numbers or emails, etc., since I can pull up all of my monthly bill payments on a single page if I need to refer to them and, if there ever is an issue, my bank will handle the investigation.

Esteemed Contributor

To be honest I don't know why anyone would open up another credit card. Another card you have to keep up, set up new passwords/pin. As far as I know the interest is no bargain. Another card to go on credit report and another card to close .

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

To be honest I don't know why anyone would open up another credit card. Another card you have to keep up, set up new passwords/pin. As far as I know the interest is no bargain. Another card to go on credit report and another card to close .

The one and only reason I have a Q card is because I don't trust the Q with any other credit card info.  I've seen too much questionable automation expertise associated with the Q's web and ordering system.  I pay my card in full every month so the interest rate has no impact.

Honored Contributor

I haven't encountered any issues paying online.  I review everything before I submit the payment.

Honored Contributor

I can't even get into my account with this place.  Their security question is "what was your mother's maiden name?"  I guess she must have changed it because it won't take the correct answer.  My solution: quit using the accòunt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I haven't encountered any issues paying online.  I review everything before I submit the payment.

no problems for me either. i can access my account easily via the qvc homepage (which transfers me to the site) and pay my bill or send in a check via snail mail.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein