Trusted Contributor

If there were something to do other than watch QVC . . .

At a time in history when almost everyone has hundreds of channels to wtch at their disposal, access to practically every retailer on the planet at one's fingertips, and the ability to access the virtual compendium of human knowledge, why is it so important that a shopping channel exist to alleviate your boredome and provide you with entertainment?

Seriously, just move on and find something productive to do.

Regular Contributor

I agree so boring! I have shopped with Q from their beginnings. If I tune in today I feel it is no different than tuning in years ago-Philosophy, Dooney, Denim & Co, Diamonique and so on. They are all good products but how about a little change once in a while? Also way too long on presentations-especially TSV's!

Frequent Contributor

KYToby, may I ask you why this issue bothers you so much? You seem to seek out every post on this website that criticizes QVC's methods of presenting products, or their focus on a small set of products, and then you blast out the same old, tired comment about TV shopping not being entertainment. You tell others to move on from this subject and explore the vast panoply of human knowledge, rather than fixating on one complaint. It's time for you to do the same.

Some of us criticize the limited QVC product presentation philosophy not because we seek to be entertained, but because we believe QVC can and should do a better job of publicizing the large array of items in their inventory. One of the basic tenets of merchandising is product exposure: people need to see or hear about an item before they will buy.

Honored Contributor

No kidding.  Before I left for church, it was a Dyson.  Came home and planned to watch and it was the Dyson again.  I turned to the football pre-game show and won't be tuning back to QVC today.

Esteemed Contributor

Every show is like Ground Hog Day. And now, they've opened Beauty IQ, which just has more of what's on the Q, and they repeat it over and over ad infinitum.

No new products. They just roll the same old stuff in and out of the warehouse.

The Q might just as well leave all the Christmas stuff stay up -- July rolls around too quickly for the change.

Who wants to see Philosophy on the Q, on the Beauty IQ and in all the B&M stores 24/7?

And Dooney, how about just having a Dooney DAY?

And lastly, the Q is wasting time having LIVE shows 24/7; just do about 6 tapes and rerun them all year.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

If there were something to do other than watch QVC . . .

At a time in history when almost everyone has hundreds of channels to wtch at their disposal, access to practically every retailer on the planet at one's fingertips, and the ability to access the virtual compendium of human knowledge, why is it so important that a shopping channel exist to alleviate your boredome and provide you with entertainment?

Seriously, just move on and find something productive to do.

I hope you have a macro of your post, @KYToby. It would be foolish to rewrite this over and over and over....

Honored Contributor

After this week-end,  it's a wonder Q customers aren't running screaming to the mall.   Awful is the only word that describes it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@glamwitch wrote:

KYToby, may I ask you why this issue bothers you so much? You seem to seek out every post on this website that criticizes QVC's methods of presenting products, or their focus on a small set of products, and then you blast out the same old, tired comment about TV shopping not being entertainment. You tell others to move on from this subject and explore the vast panoply of human knowledge, rather than fixating on one complaint. It's time for you to do the same.

Some of us criticize the limited QVC product presentation philosophy not because we seek to be entertained, but because we believe QVC can and should do a better job of publicizing the large array of items in their inventory. One of the basic tenets of merchandising is product exposure: people need to see or hear about an item before they will buy.

@glamwitch@  @KYToby  What's funny is that Q's CEO  says it is entertainment contrary to what Toby constantly says. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

After this week-end,  it's a wonder Q customers aren't running screaming to the mall.   Awful is the only word that describes it. 

My consumer report mag said that the new Hoover is better then the Dyson anyway and online is around 100. I bought it and really like it.

wallyworld.........

Respected Contributor

Didn't watch Q this weekend. Guess I didn't miss much.