Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Models Should Have A Voice!

Sometimes on HSN, one model is mic'd in a presentation.  It's usually cringe-worthy. 

Either the model only repeats what the host just said, or the model tries to come up with something brilliant and quote-worthy about the item.  That means there's a lot of spinning around their words and they go on & on.  They are great at modeling.  But if it's not your normal job, coming up with something innovative and interesting to help make a sale is not an easy thing to do on the spot.  

It's a good idea in theory.  In my opinion, it adds nothing.  They will always have to say it's wonderful, perfect, I love it, and it fits true to size.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree with the others - models should be seen and not heard.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you really think a model is going to say...........this sweater makes me ...ITCH?

Get real..........................

Honored Contributor

They've experimented with micing the models in the past and it hasn't been terribly sucessful.  IMO it just adds to the confusion.... can you imagine a model yanking while Susan Graver and a host were talking at the same time? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's more than likely a DIFFERENT PAY GRADE

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Just no. I hate to think what it'd be like if another voice was added to the silliness, more useless information, etc.  Models aren't going to say anything negative.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They've experimented with micing the models in the past and it hasn't been terribly sucessful.  IMO it just adds to the confusion.... can you imagine a model yanking while Susan Graver and a host were talking at the same time? 

I agree. It's already chaotic with vendors and hosts talking over each other especially with the Skyping.  And what do we need to hear from the models anyway?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those who feel it's a bad idea, way too much chit chat already.  Plus I don't know if it's still being done but didn't they mic the models for Fashions night in at one time??  I don't usually watch in the evenings but when I did I didn't like it.  At least on HSN, if the model is mic'd it is generally just the model and the host on together which brings it down a notch, but I still didn't care for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Models have one job and that is to wear the clothes.  You never see a model on the runway talking.  Rarely does the Q not post the actual garment measurements with the item, and everyone's body is different.  You cannot go by what size a model wears and determine that it will fit you the same way.  Consumers, unless very young, should know what styles look good on them and what clothing measurements should fit.  No model can do that for you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!