Frequent Contributor

QVC Models Should Have A Voice!

Someone sugggested on QVC facebook that the models should be mic'd during all fashion shows. This would greatly help us viewers so that we could maybe visualize our size shape length with the models to insure a great fit. 

It would also be helpful to have the models freely share their input on the fit, comfort factor and any other comments which may be helpful to us the customers.

I'm hoping that the powers that be read this post and possibly take my suggestion, since this is the suggestion box and incorporate this idea into fashion shows.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Models Should Have A Voice!

[ Edited ]

@BLING wrote:

I'm hoping that the powers that be read this post

they don't

and possibly take my suggestion

they won't

Respected Contributor

Models are models, they are not supposed to have a voice.

It's very difficult to communicate effectively and especially in front of a camera.  

What are they supposed to say....the stylist poured me into this size and it's snug around the waist but that's OK because I have this long tunic covering everything and you don't see it.   

or

They didn't have my size and it's really too big on me but they had some safety pins and it's OK now.

and most of all, more talking, we sure don't need more of that.  A nod and smile is good enough for me.

Honored Contributor

Here's something to think about....

Are models going to tell the truth?  Are any going to say they don't like something or it's not comfortable.  Would QVC use them again?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the others. Don't need more talking and it's not the models' job to yak it up.

Esteemed Contributor

That's all we need , 6 people talking at once. It's bad enough when they have 2 Hosts plus the  vendor Rep or Designer  all talking at the same time

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Here's something to think about....

Are models going to tell the truth?  Are any going to say they don't like something or it's not comfortable.  Would QVC use them again?

They would be as truthful as the hosts!  @Foxxee 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do NOT want to hear what the models might say.

Respected Contributor

Too many voices already. Too much silliness already.

Respected Contributor

@BLING wrote:

Someone sugggested on QVC facebook that the models should be mic'd during all fashion shows. This would greatly help us viewers so that we could maybe visualize our size shape length with the models to insure a great fit. 

It would also be helpful to have the models freely share their input on the fit, comfort factor and any other comments which may be helpful to us the customers.

I'm hoping that the powers that be read this post and possibly take my suggestion, since this is the suggestion box and incorporate this idea into fashion shows.

SERIOUSLY??? More information?? Omg Q gives a ton of info and then repeats it! The hosts often wear the clothes and make a ton of comments.