Regular Contributor

I watch the gourmet food shows but never buy anything because the choices are very large, expensive and very fattening.  Why not choose food items that are less of all the above.  Sugar in them is very very high  no matter how manty calories they say they are. One hundred calories is not a good indication of good nurtition especially when it contains 15 or 20 grams of sugar.  All of that gourmet food is not going to make me look like a blimp.  I will not buy it.

Honored Contributor

People don't buy luxury food items because they're cognizant of getting good nutrition or are watching their sugar and fat calories.  They buy such things because of their perceived deliciousness.  They want something that's eaten only once in awhile that tastes really good.   Eating it once in a blue moon or on special occasions is not going to make anyone look like a blimp. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

At the very least they should provide the nutritional information that is found on the label in the information about the product online. The last time I tried to get nutritional info from QVC, I had to talk to a customer service rep who somehow looked it up. If I am wrong about nutrition availability, please let me know.

Esteemed Contributor

I did a QVC drive by a little while ago and some guy was on with Rick selling some kind of pound cake or coffee cake and he was picking it up and squeezing and squishing it with his bare hands, it was disgusting, it got stuck to his fingers and under his nails, YUCK! Why do they have to do that with so many of the food items. Got back to my regular channel in a hurry.

Contributor

Hi!  I totally agree on the prices Smiley Surprised(  All I can afford for groceries is $35/week.  The only thing I purchase are the kale chips, they are a weekly treat for me.  All the other items are too expensive for me. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

At the very least they should provide the nutritional information that is found on the label in the information about the product online. The last time I tried to get nutritional info from QVC, I had to talk to a customer service rep who somehow looked it up. If I am wrong about nutrition availability, please let me know.

@chessylady  I remember long ago when that was provided in the product description ( you could click on a link to it).  It must have scared too many people off too many products, esp. fat content info!

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I did a QVC drive by a little while ago and some guy was on with Rick selling some kind of pound cake or coffee cake and he was picking it up and squeezing and squishing it with his bare hands, it was disgusting, it got stuck to his fingers and under his nails, YUCK! Why do they have to do that with so many of the food items. Got back to my regular channel in a hurry.

I have wondered about this for quite a while.  Why on earth don't they wear gloves when touching that food.  Yes, it is very disgusting! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People don't buy luxury food items because they're cognizant of getting good nutrition or are watching their sugar and fat calories.  They buy such things because of their perceived deliciousness.  They want something that's eaten only once in awhile that tastes really good.   Eating it once in a blue moon or on special occasions is not going to make anyone look like a blimp. 

The key is perceived/anticipated/expected deliciousness that is an out-of-the-ordinary deliciousness. People don't want to pay twice as much for what's available locally, but will pay for incredible-best-ever. The problem is that QVC's food offerings are not incredible-best-ever, they're little different (and sometimes not as good) as what most people could buy locally. And what you see on-air is not what you get - that IMO is the biggest issue. The companies don't ship out their best product. They reel you in by showing you freshly made goods that are fatly stuffed with (whatever) but what you receive is stale with half as much filling (one example).

Yeah, gotta love the fat/sugar/preservatives/ingredient du jour shamers (ever present on any food thread) who never miss a chance to say I would never let a single "unhealthy" ingredient pass my lips because I care about my body - unlike those of you who don't eat veggies 24/7/365.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all