Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

QVC Display Jerks and Flashes and Gives me a Headache

I have been a customer for 25 years and just recently I have been seeing the following display problems that never used to happen on QVC. When I am searching through QVC's pages, moving from one page to another, from one product to another, changing from one element to another, QVC jerks and flashes images that go away before you can tell what they are. You have to wait until all the jerking and flashing stops before you can read anything on the page. Another problem is the imbedded video which now displays a super wide stretched out picture that is disturbing. After searching around in QVC for a very short time, all this visual jerking and flashing nonsense gives me a headache and I have to close it down. Whoever has been messing with the display needs to test it before releasing it to the public. It has become too difficult to spend any time at all looking for QVC products.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Display Jerks and Flashes and Gives me a Headache

@mktdaisy   I have not had any problems like you describe.  I'd try using a different browser at least temporarily.  The problem might be with whatever device you are using.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I haven't experienced any of what the OP describes.

Occasional Contributor

I  have been using Chrome as my browser for the last several years. Also the same PC. So nothing on my end has changed.  Also it does not happen on any of the hundreds of other sites that I use.

Honored Contributor

@mktdaisy Add me to the list of those with no problems whatsoever on the Q site.

Honored Contributor

Did you try deleting your cookies, history, then turning off your computer and on again?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have these problems either.  If rebooting doesn't work, maybe check if your software is up to date.  QVC has done some upgrades that have changed the way the website displays.

Regular Contributor

WIFI connection is a possibility. Also are you unaware your provider may be undergoing an upgrade? Some companies are changing from 3g to 4g or soon 5g, etc. Is your software up to date? You may not know it. We have erratic connectivity living in a tourist destination. Tourists hog the single internet tower's capability. A tower meant for a few hundred residents will not handle WIFI traffic for several thousand on a weekend. Slow speeds or no speed. No streaming unless after midnight when tourists have gone to sleep freeing up the WIFI connection. Call your cable or cell/internet or satellite co. You may need a better router or a re-set or an upgrade or specific troubleshooting from your provider's customer service. Cleaning out cache daily on all browsers you use and cleaning out spam and garbage helps too. Yes, I get wonky movements on screen, flashes, blurs, jumpy text, strange text overlay and reconfigured screens. If QVC is upgrading its site trouble then too. Good luck.
Trusted Contributor

No problems.  I've never had anything like what you're describing.  

I'm guessing it's on your end.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mktdaisy wrote:

I  have been using Chrome as my browser for the last several years. Also the same PC. So nothing on my end has changed.  Also it does not happen on any of the hundreds of other sites that I use.

@mktdaisy,   I'm using a very, very old Mac right now, and I also use a newer iPad here and have no problems like those you describe.

Even though your same device and browser worked in the past, that doesn't mean they always will play well with a website as they did before.    Websites change and update their software, and that can have an adverse effect on how our devices communicate with them. 😉

As others mentioned, it's important to keep all software -- operating system and browsers and any extensions/addons -- up-to-date; and regularly clear all cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser and then relaunch it; and perhaps resetting your router or your device's network settings.   

Even an old bookmark/favorite can cause problems, directing us to a problematic server.   

Another thought...  if you use Adobe Flash Player (I do not -- I eliminated it years ago, it's seldom needed for any website now, and it no longer will be supported after December), be sure that's up-to-date -- or try disabling it to see if the site works better without it.

QVC has a dreadful website, fraught with technical problems, so it's unreasonably sensitive to old software versions or old cookies/cache/website data and unfortunately we have to do a lot of troubleshooting on our own.   

I'm sorry you're having these problems and hope you'll find a simple solution.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova