Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Buyers - Please No More Flare Legged Cropped Pants

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

A lot of designers are showing full legged crops this year.  I've seen them at a lot of chain and higher end stores and websites this year.   I've seen people wearing them and never thought they looked that bad.  I'm not sure I'd buy them but thought I'd share my observation.

@CalminHeart

I agree with you.  I think they look rather nice.  Because of the proportion of the leg ... you need to style them a bit differently than a normal narrow leg crop pants.   

I wear them and I like them - particularly one pair of wide leg denim crops.

Valued Contributor

Totally agree. I bought a nice pair of LL Bean crop pants....loved everything about the pants except the flare at the leg....I tried to like it, but I sent it back. I now look on garment measurements for the size of the leg opening. The bell bottom look on crop pants is not flattering. 

Valued Contributor

I am so sick of ankle pants, flare OR tapered.  I have bad feet so I need to wear comfortable shoes with socks and my orthotics. ankel pants can only be worn with sandals, heels, or other shoes with no socks.   I guess it is a summer thing, but there really aren't any pants for me to buy until fall!

Occasional Contributor

I actually purchased 2 pair of the Kim Gravel cropped pants. I did not notice a huge flair during the presentation. I even tried to roll them up like Amy Stran did. They did not look good and there was tremendous flair. My legs looked like toothpicks. I had never heard of Kim Gravel. Other designers are doing that flared crop also, I don't think it looks good. Someone with a more muscular calf might look okay, but I looked ridiculous. Great suggestion.  I just stumbled on to the suggestion box, and you worded it perfectly.

Thank you