Respected Contributor

QVC Buyers - Please No More Flare Legged Cropped Pants

[ Edited ]

This is a personal request, but judging by the reviews, many others feel the same way.

Buyers, cropped pants should always be tapered, not flared.  The flared leg is just not flattering on anyone, especially those with thin calves.  When they look bad on the models as well as the vendors and hosts, then you know they just don't work.  There appeared to be a slight flare to the recent Kim Gravel TSV crops, but I waitlisted for two pairs anyway, as I was anxious to try the fabric.  Several reviews mentioned that they were much more flared than they appeared on air, so I ended up cancelling my order.  Reviewers said they looked as if they bought pants that were the wrong size.  We used to call them 'highwaters' or 'flood' pants, LOL.

I've seen many others that I would have ordered, but the flare turned me off.  They seem to be trending in the fashion world right now, but I've never seen them on anyone in the real world, so they don't seem to be catching on.  I live in close proximity to a couple of major cities where women dress fashionably, so I know I would have seen plenty by now if they were taking the fashion world by storm.

Thanks for reading my suggestion. :-)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Buyers - Please No More Flare Legged Cropped Pants

I absolutely agree. Why on earth would any manufacturer create a universally unflattering design? Flared legs that come only part-way down the leg are awful!

Honored Contributor

I have a few pairs that I bought a while ago - I think they are WWC.  I like them ...they don't look as casual as the "normal" cropped pants.

Esteemed Contributor

So you noticed as well. 

On many garments/clothing, QVC is not a woman's friend. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I don't usually pay much attention, but yesterday caught snippets of different D&C shows - and saw clothes so dowdy, unstylish and unattractive - ugh.  In particular, the wide-leg crops. OMG, the way they look on a heavy, non-curvy frame. I'm a large woman and I wouldn't be caught dead in them (aside from the dishwater colors).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I usually don't comment on fashion trends, as thankfully the more extreme looks seem to come and go quickly. But if this flared crop is the new look, I will stock up while the tapered ones are still available. I look terrible too in the hi-low hem and draped front cardigans, so I was happy to see that many of the new fashions are back to less material flapping around, and then it gets added to the pants! Lol

Respected Contributor

I saw a beautiful pair of cropped pants that I would have bought in a nanosecond the other day.  I can't remember who the vendor was (maybe Hot in Hollywood?), but the fabric was denim with faded stars.  The fabric was gorgeous, but they were quite flared which looked ridiculous, IMO.  The vendor had a nice figure, but the pants looked comical on her with that flare.  I so loved the fabric and was so frustrated at the style, that I found myself yelling at the TV, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I notice that a lot of Quacker Factory crops 'or capris', whatever, are still tapered.  They look great on everyone.  Stocking up is a great idea!

Regular Contributor

I agree....also I feel we have enough ankle pants!! I have a hard time waring them, for when I was younger (50+ right now) I would be brutally made fun of for waring ""High-Waters"  I know get over it, but I will not purchase  ankle pants.  Just like I do not buy ripped jeans....I have issues I guess.....

Honored Contributor

Amen!  Most unflattering look under the sun. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment