Valued Contributor

Re: Q needs to hire a voice coach!

It's time for Q to provide Toastmasters' meetings for the hosts/vendors. Learn about filler words, voice control, focus on the topic....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@punky brewster wrote:

Love it ! Thank you can't watch when Ms our store is own she talks so fast and sounds like a squeaky hot mess at her store  Ovc you need to retire some of your host you are losing customers fast 

What???  I can't even figure out what you're trying to say or about whom.  Punctuation and spellcheck are your friends!  Pot calling the kettle black?

Frequent Contributor

I have always thougt they needed to have a voice coach for their hosts. Amy talks in ways that to me are overbearing and at times not prfessional.

Some of the hosts like Sandra are beautiful but can be hateful with the vendors at times. I was in sales for over fifteen years of my life. I was schooled before being placed in the company that hired me.

I know having children and working a sales job can be hard on the psychic. However, I know that I much preferred Lisa Roberson style to Shawn's. Lisa had some class and now that seems to be a fading thing except with the sales people that have been with the Q for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why does David constantly laugh?  Nerves?    (I think that's his name -- he is a designer for Denim & Co.).  Yes, I agree that some of the hosts talk way TOO FAST.  You have to be able to understand what they are saying.  Who is in charge of training these hosts?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have trouble listening to Stacy's voice which is strident and shrill, hurts my ears and must turn volume down; I like her but cannot stand the voice.  Now that she has taken over for Mary on ITKWD, have to monitor the volume.

BUT, the absolute WORST on QVC is Courtney who reminds me of an immature California Valley girl of 15, whose voice is not only little girlish, but sing-song....refuse to watch her. Pretty is not enough!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lizzy Bennet wrote:

Yes. One word: Rachel. Chalkboard, meet nails.

And, Rachel dominates while hosting.....Since she is hosting more and on Q2, notice it more....

Respected Contributor

I don't expect a host to act a specific way, other than be professional like anyone else in the public's eye.  If I do not like the manner in which a host presents, I simply do not watch!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@punky brewster wrote:

Love it ! Thank you can't watch when Ms our store is own she talks so fast and sounds like a squeaky hot mess at her store  Ovc you need to retire some of your host you are losing customers fast 

What???  I can't even figure out what you're trying to say or about whom.  Punctuation and spellcheck are your friends!  Pot calling the kettle black?

ESL or just illiterate?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with most of these comments! Although I feel a few of the comments talked about Amy, i honestly love her more than the others.. BUT, Whoever these new new girls are they really have got to go..Between the raspiness voiced one and the girl who pronounces everything with an eS almost a whistle like sound at the end of just about every word. I honestly have to change the channel every time. Maybe its a better thing, ill finally stop buying so many things from QVC because the watchability has gone so far down the drain. I can not beleive after seeing so many complaints that they havent made a change. Very unfortinate. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

I have trouble listening to Stacy's voice which is strident and shrill, hurts my ears and must turn volume down; I like her but cannot stand the voice.  Now that she has taken over for Mary on ITKWD, have to monitor the volume.

BUT, the absolute WORST on QVC is Courtney who reminds me of an immature California Valley girl of 15, whose voice is not only little girlish, but sing-song....refuse to watch her. Pretty is not enough!

------------------------

I have noticed the same thing about Stacey and Rachel's voices.  They are very difficult to watch and for me, it is not a loudness issue.  It is the  the pitch and intensity of their voices.  I have noticed the same issue with the new host, Alex.   And yes, I also turn off the channel if I can't watch and listen....and if I am not watching, I  am probably not buying!!