Occasional Visitor

Re: Q needs to hire a voice coach!

This is my first post!  Had to let you know I agree with you, Lila.  I like this host but her pronunciation of words with the letter "L" is quite odd. She might indeed benefit from speech therapy. I don't have a problem with any other host's speech.

Super Contributor

Re: Q needs to hire a voice coach!

So  much here to agree with!  I'm old-time, grew up when women didn't generally speak on radio (their voices weren't considered easy to listen to, and that's often true),  actors didn't really eat on stage, children were taught not to speak with food in their mouths.

I like the cooking shows, but flip to something else when I think David is about to "happy dance", or in general eat something. I stopped watching LG, as I can't stand hearing "she", referring to an article of clothing, as well as the annoying chatter. So many of the hosts were their clothing a size too small. Don't tell me, "this is your brown, this is your green,", etc. This is NOT my green.

And there are several, including the nice lady who presents Kitchenaid, who sound like their throats are in a vice. A bit of training should solve that problem.

QVC, sounds like your turning off the people who need you most, the older ones who hate to/can't get out to shop.

I am reminded of the saying, "A face for radio, a voice for print".