Occasional Contributor

Re: Q needs to hire a voice coach!

I totally agree.

Valued Contributor

@juliekb wrote:

Do you know for each one of you "Amy Haters" there are 1000's of us that will hang out with her anytime. She is super cute and fun and definely one of my favorites. You people are mean.

Just because people have a differnt opinion doesn't make them "haters" or "mean"

and you're never going to hang out with Amy unless you know her personally

Respected Contributor

In spite of what her sorority sisters proclaim, Amy's voice is not fit for broadcasting.  She has a husband and two babies to support.  ,Fine.  Assign her to work behind the scenes.  Pay her well.  Just keep her behind the scenes.

Honored Contributor

Rachel seems like such a wonderful person, but her voice truly attacks my ears!  Plus, her extremely loud cackling and cartoon sounds she likes to do nearly every presentation is a turn-off for me. 

However, she did host a gourmet segment not too long ago with Mary DeAngelis and they were fantastic together.  Rachel was funny and informative in that setting (although some people on FB complained that she gobbled Germack straight from the jar into her mouth, and they found that awful).  I'd like to see her do more food shows! Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I agree about Amy....I used to really like her.  She is terrible with Issac M.  Beginning to remind me of Susan Graver who talks over everything and everybody.  Susan is the most annoying vender I have ever seen on QVC.  I turn QVC off when she is on.  Amy has gotten too big for herself...I am beginning to turn Amy off as well. Its nice not to see "Shawnie Sue"  Dont care for her but so happy she adopted that beautiful baby.  Congrats...

Contributor

YES!

I do not know the new host's name but she cannot pronounce BUTTON and it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to hear "bud hun" every time. That can and should be corrected.

Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Not only do some of the ladies talk a mile a minute and way too loud, they also have what's called "vocal fry," where their voices have that rough, valley girl sound to them. Google it---some very interesting studies have been done regarding this phenomenon. Many of the female DJ's at radio stations around me have it and it's so unpleasant to listen to. They always sound like they have colds and are very hoarse. Of course, you can't help what your voice sounds like (I have a very distinctive Maryland "hon" accent that makes me cringe sometimes) but you can be taught to tone it down and be softer. 

OH THANK YOU, Cumbercookie13! IT HAS A NAME! I had no idea what that annoying habit is in younger girls. I called it "crackles" because it is epidemic. Between uptalk and vocal fry (it has a name, it has a name), some of the young female hosts are impossible to listen to. They ought to train that out of them. 

Contributor

I agree. I have stopped watching because of all the "ummmms, and ummms " . Seasoned hosts keep using this "um" stuff. 

New Contributor

I can't agree more!!! Lisa was classy, timeless, and intelligent. I will not watch when Shawn is on. I can't imagine who her fashion sense appeals to...or her disrespect for Isaac with her constant interruptions.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

I have trouble listening to Stacy's voice which is strident and shrill, hurts my ears and must turn volume down; I like her but cannot stand the voice.  Now that she has taken over for Mary on ITKWD, have to monitor the volume.

BUT, the absolute WORST on QVC is Courtney who reminds me of an immature California Valley girl of 15, whose voice is not only little girlish, but sing-song....refuse to watch her. Pretty is not enough!

------------------------

I have noticed the same thing about Stacey and Rachel's voices.  They are very difficult to watch and for me, it is not a loudness issue.  It is the  the pitch and intensity of their voices.  I have noticed the same issue with the new host, Alex.   And yes, I also turn off the channel if I can't watch and listen....and if I am not watching, I  am probably not buying!!

@corita  Indeed, it is not a loudness issue, the shrillness of the voice hits a nerve and is not helped by lowering the volume; it is still there and shrill.  And I agree on Rachel's voice also; she dominates over vendor.  There is no new hosts who are tolerable.  Zell is out on maternity leave (why they introduced her prior to baby is questionable) so cannot comment on her.