Respected Contributor

Q needs to hire a voice coach!

Between baby voices talking so fast you can't understand a word they say or the never-ending cackling, I'm just clicking my TV to something else..........this one particular host is an adult woman and I swear she talks like a 15-yr old.......time to grow up and act like a professional show host AT YOUR STORE!

Respected Contributor

Re: Q needs to hire a voice coach!

I really agree!!  There are two hosts - David and Kirsten - who talk so fast that it is a chore for me to watch them. Nothing against them, but it would be nicer for me (and perhaps others) if we didn't have to put out so much effort to watch.

Honored Contributor

David talks fast???  I never would've accused him of that.  I've always thought he was quite relaxed in his presentations. 

Contributor

Totally agree.  Talking fast is one thing, but when you can't understand what one has said because of HOW FAST they talk, that's another.  I sincerely can't quite get everything Kerstin and Amy are saying because of  one word running into another.   

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you.  I don’t know what has happened to the training for on-air personalities these days.  We have a wonderful radio station here in town but they put people on in teams of two, plus their producer – who joins in.  They all talk or yell over each other and you can’t hear a word they are saying.  Some of them have these alternate “voices” that they use and drift in and out of these strange personas.  It makes a good station with good content seem like a basement production on a SNL skit.  Some of these team have been there for years and I can’t believe the station has not invested in getting them voice training and just general on-air etiquette so that listeners actually can hear their interactions.  I see the same thing on the shopping channels.  A little training could help increase those ratings & sales. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with this. But there are some who think that mentioning chipped nail polish, baby voices, talking fast and hosts hissing the letter "s" when they talk is somehow critiquing their personalities. It isn't. There are others out there who would be a better fit for their jobs.

Respected Contributor

i couldn't agree more and have said so for years.  women especially need voice coaching - not only for pacing but also for pitch.  women's voices tend to rise higher in pitch when stressed or excited - which can be a turn off.  listen to Pat James DeMentri who has learned to drop her voice pitch and it is much easier to listen to.  she does this mostly when she sells alone.  i know i had to learn this lesson myself as a woman in a sales position for years.  you want to keep your audience listening so you can make your point. 

Frequent Contributor

David gives very detailed, understandable presentations I think- definitely not one  of the current "out of control" host problems.

Valued Contributor

I have stopped watching most Logo and IM shows just because of Amy screeching like a rabid chihuahua and Shawn's annoying presentations.  (She seriously needs a make over). 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with another poster that Amy Stran talks way too fast.  It is just too hard to keep up.  I reach for the remote when she is on.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead