Valued Contributor

I am often frustrated with color names from one line of fashion to another.  I think it would be helpful and perhaps create more sales if QVC would decide on one color they promote between all fashion lines.  LOGO would present one or more pieces that are dusty teal and that color name and color would extend to all lines.  Each year it would change.

Honored Contributor

I don't think that is possible.  All lines are manufactured in a different factory.

Unless the article is black or white the colors would be different.  Even navy blue is not the same across lines.  Same name...different hue.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog   You've over simplified the problem and solution.  There's a reason for the color names.  All the colors in each line have names so they can be color matched to any other color by the same name.  For instance passion purple in Susan's line will perfectly match all other colors of the exact same name so the customer can add pieces to her wardrobe at any time.  Naturally, after 30 years at QVC, it's a little difficult to come up with new names.  All of the clothing is made by different manufacturers in different countries.  Vendors may not want to share what they see as proprietary colors with other designers.  

The situation is a lot more complicated than it would appear. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Or even within the brands:

@Carmie wrote:

I don't think that is possible.  All lines are manufactured in a different factory.

Unless the article is black or white the colors would be different.  Even navy blue is not the same across lines.  Same name...different hue.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog   Why?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I think if you can walk into any paint store and get a color match a few factories that produce clothes for QVC can manage coming up with a color match.  The challenge is with fabric content.  I just thought it would be helpful to customers buying off a screen might be able to coordinate clothes from various lines more easily but if all of you who seem to know more than I ...well, just let it go and deal with the haphazard way of selecting.  Maybe QVC should eliminate the suggestion portion of this forum.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog - Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. And, usually it is the designer that chooses the color and probably approves the color before any items are manufactured.

All designers are different and their likes/dislikes regarding colors, hues, shades, etc.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine any scenario in which that would actually work.

Every different fiber takes color differently.

Valued Contributor

Probably the several designers with QVC lines are made in less than a handful of factories so sending a dye formula from one to the other is possible but maybe QVC has no interest or know how.  And I used to shop at a store where a designer line had denim jeans in a color that matched a blouse in another fabric...so again, possible.  But hey, it was just a suggestion I thought might cause shoppers to select matching items from one line to another.  Apparently, I should have not even mentioned that in the suggestion area.  

Honored Contributor

All I ask is that the hosts know the colors for each item.  Pool?  Is that blue or turquoise?  Coffee?  Is that dark brown or some lighter shade with cream?  It's fine if there is no double option, but when an item comes in 13 colors, confusion reigns.