Trusted Contributor

Q-Team - Please Don't Forget Our Missing Posts

I know it's not high on your priority list, but the Book Forum, the Recipe Forum, and probably the Kitchen Forum would really love to have the "gap" threads (the months lost in the transition) restored.  There are also the pre-2014 threads which still show up but have only the first post and not all the replies.  I don't know how important old threads are to other Forums, but for Books and Recipes the old threads are a resource like a trusted reference book or cookbook, and not everyone is computer savvy enough to copy and save favorites to their home computers so they searched the old threads quite a lot.. And there were some long threads which were a collection of "classics" from past posters that vanished because they had recent additions during the update.

We really are in mourning for what was lost, so restoring them would restore a lot of good will -- and maybe it would encourage some regulars who have quit posting to come back. 

Thanks for your consideration -- and here's another vote for separating Books,
TV, and Movies into separate forums again.  We really enjoyed them for the little while they were separate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q-Team - Please Don't Forget Our Missing Posts

@Honeybit,  I hope it's something that can be addressed, and the missing posts will be restored.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

I know it's not high on your priority list, but the Book Forum, the Recipe Forum, and probably the Kitchen Forum would really love to have the "gap" threads (the months lost in the transition) restored.  There are also the pre-2014 threads which still show up but have only the first post and not all the replies.  I don't know how important old threads are to other Forums, but for Books and Recipes the old threads are a resource like a trusted reference book or cookbook, and not everyone is computer savvy enough to copy and save favorites to their home computers so they searched the old threads quite a lot.. And there were some long threads which were a collection of "classics" from past posters that vanished because they had recent additions during the update.

We really are in mourning for what was lost, so restoring them would restore a lot of good will -- and maybe it would encourage some regulars who have quit posting to come back. 

Honeybit, I felt so sad for the folks in the Recipe forum after I read your post. Of course, I would like to have the old posts for my forum back, but it doesn't compare to lost recipes. You all had the expectation that all of those valued recipes would always be there, or at least a simple search away. So, of course, a lot of people never bothered to save some of their favorite recipes. 

I really hope the missing posts issue can be resolved for all of the forums, but especially for the Recipes forum. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 Thanks for your understanding.  I especially felt sorry for dedicated poster LilBitMissty who had lost a treasured box of family recipes -- a long thread of posts of her recipes was one of the things lost with the "gap posts." 

@Beth-QVC  RECIPES and the BOOK posters are still hoping the 2015 "gap posts" that were dropped during the transition will be restored.  Way too many of the long-time faithful seem to have gotten discouraged and just aren't posting on those forums any more.