Honored Contributor

Q Social Team, Please make your "Help" features more detailed

[ Edited ]

There are certain questions/concerns repeated with great frequency from thread to thread, or from forum to forum.

Please consider adding more details under each of the "Help" topics or use the "Welcome Get Started" forum to perhaps dedicate one thread to each feature/issue to discuss them in depth.

Of course we all can ask questions or raise issues in any forum or thread, as we choose, and I can see that doing so will probably let more of the community members see the topics and learn about the features.   

Even so, having each topic and the answers/descriptions in one, central locale might help avoid confusion and provide us with an easier way to find the @Community_Team's and the @QVC Community Team's answers.

(Also, we -- and the Q Team -- could answer poster's questions more easily by providing a link to the support team's in-depth discussions and help text instead of typing up a detailed answer each time.)

Thanks for your consideration!Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Q Social Team, Please make your "Help" forums/features more detailed

They've been a day late and a dollar short on the help.

MacDuff started a Tips thread last week and I've been posting links to helpful posts in ONE single post I've been updating daily as I come across helpful information. You can find the link to the post I've been updating in my signature. I've also been tagging all the helpful posts I've found with How to or How to and Forums.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q Social Team, Please make your "Help" features more detailed

I hereby nominate dooBdoo and Chynna to head up the New and Exciting Q IT Team.  LOL. 

dooBdoo, your post was much nicer than a similar one I posted the other day (I'd link it if I could only find it LOL) about a tutorial, but, yes, put something up on the Welcome Get Started thread regularly!  I even suggested The Team "lift" some of your and Chynna's helpful posts (with screen shots for crying out loud Q!!!) and create an instruction manual of sorts for the Welcome thread. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Other than a few hits here and there from The Team (calling out Keyai, Brittany, Eva, Paulette, a few others), THE SINGLE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THIS BRILLIANT ROLLOUT HAS BEEN THEIR LACK OF COMMUNICATION WITH US!!!!

It. Is. NOT. Rocket. Science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Q Social Team, Please make your "Help" forums/features more detailed

ChynnaBlue wrote:

They've been a day late and a dollar short on the help.

MacDuff started a Tips thread last week and I've been posting links to helpful posts in ONE single post I've been updating daily as I come across helpful information. You can find the link to the post I've been updating in my signature. I've also been tagging all the helpful posts I've found with How to or How to and Forums.

I know!  @ChynnaBlue!  You and @MacDUFF (and others) have been wonderful in helping in this way.Heart

Since day one of this new platform, I've been using several tagging keywords, and starting threads, and adding to existing threads. 

The problem is that the info needs to be sorted by topic somewhere (also, many users don't understand how to use the tagging feature).

I agree (sorry QVC), the launch was miserable in several ways and one of the major mistakes was the lack of good, detailed help features.  Not only did that hurt the community members and give QVC a failing grade, it has made the support team's job much, much harder.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MacDuff wrote:

I hereby nominate dooBdoo and Chynna to head up the New and Exciting Q IT Team.  LOL. 

dooBdoo, your post was much nicer than a similar one I posted the other day (I'd link it if I could only find it LOL) about a tutorial, but, yes, put something up on the Welcome Get Started thread regularly!  I even suggested The Team "lift" some of your and Chynna's helpful posts (with screen shots for crying out loud Q!!!) and create an instruction manual of sorts for the Welcome thread. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Other than a few hits here and there from The Team (calling out Keyai, Brittany, Eva, Paulette, a few others), THE SINGLE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THIS BRILLIANT ROLLOUT HAS BEEN THEIR LACK OF COMMUNICATION WITH US!!!!

It. Is. NOT. Rocket. Science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, @MacDUFF!  You've been a champ in helping everyone out.Heart

Honestly, I almost sent an email to the Q Social Team suggesting they allow the members to submit how-to guides, by topic, to be considered to add to the "Welcome Get Started" or the native "Help" feature...  even now, it might be a good idea.

Having a career in IT myself, I'm perplexed that they launched this platform without first beta testing with a group of seasoned Community members and without offering detailed help (or as you said, tutorials) on day one of the launch.  And, yes, with a few exceptions they've failed miserably in providing good communication with their users.

End result:  the support team's job is now much more difficult, the overall impression of the forums is negative, and the members aren't especially happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't get it, dooB.  I really don't.  I gave them a pass for the first day or 2, but after that...just no.  It seems such an easy thing for them to start a locked topic and give us regular updated information.  Instead, they pop up now and then, hit and miss, like Whack a Moles LOL!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

dooBdoo:  Could you get the brilliant IT team to make the type larger?  I am a senior and I can barely make out the letters. 

Valued Contributor

Could someone explain to me and the other posters who don't do any social media what exactly "Tagging" is? I read that it makes something "searchable", but if I want to search, wouldn't I just put in the topic or the poster? I don't know why anyone would "tag" anything. And what are the hearts for? If someone likes my post, can't they just post something in reply that says, "Hey, I liked your post"?

I still want to know what "linear" means in the settings, or is it the preferences? I have no idea what most of the questions or options mean.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Catstamper,  I'm with you! I don't understand all this new stuff either! I don't like this new forum at all and I wish they would've left it alone! If somethings not broke, then don't try to fix it...lol...maybe we'll get used to it and hopefully it'll get better. 

Honored Contributor

Frankly, having read some of their posts in the Welcome section, I haven't been very impressed anyway. 

Sad.jpg