Valued Contributor

Q Card- What about people who already have one?

I have had a Q Card for years. I didn't get a $40 credit when I opened my card. The only perk I get from using my Q Card is an extra easy pay, which I never use. I realize some people like and need that extra payment, but that is not much of a deal. QVC should offer coupons, credits, free shipping, or some type of rewards points for people who already have a Q Card. I know it's important to get new people to open cards, but why would I continue to use the QCard when I could use another credit card and get points from them! I would definitely shop more on QVC if there were more perks for using the Q Card, especially free shipping. It's frustrating to see new card holders get $40 when loyal card holders get nothing!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q Card- What about people who already have one?

@CorrTor wrote:

I have had a Q Card for years. I didn't get a $40 credit when I opened my card. The only perk I get from using my Q Card is an extra easy pay, which I never use. I realize some people like and need that extra payment, but that is not much of a deal. QVC should offer coupons, credits, free shipping, or some type of rewards points for people who already have a Q Card. I know it's important to get new people to open cards, but why would I continue to use the QCard when I could use another credit card and get points from them! I would definitely shop more on QVC if there were more perks for using the Q Card, especially free shipping. It's frustrating to see new card holders get $40 when loyal card holders get nothing!

@CorrTor  ... I agree with you ..... I actually stopped using my Q card a few months ago & am paying it off .... the interest rate is too high (around 26%) .... that plus no incentives for long time Q members is a bummer 👎

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean. Ticks me off all these companies want to give incentives to new customers but what about incentives to keep the customers you already have???

I pay my balance in full each month. No way am I paying that crazy amount of interest which should be against the law IMO.

Honored Contributor

I figure I don't need to have a Q card to shop here -  no more than I need any other store card.  I no longer have any, just general cards which return a small bit of cash.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I really didn't need a Q Card but the $40 was the reason I signed up. I purchased an item and it was almost free. However, I am starting to believe the easy pay offer is the only incentive for those who have had a Q card for years. There is the special financing but that only works when the Q allows on certain items.

There are times I may use the additional easy pay but most of the time I always pay them off early. For the most part, I like the fact that I receive reward points or cash back when using my other cards. I think the Q needs to adopt PayPal and other card incentives that off 6 months interest free on purchases in addition to the 12, 18, and 24 month options. 

With that being said, at least you can now use PayPal credit as a form of payment and get the benefit that way. 

Trusted Contributor

Should of, could of, would of.

Esteemed Contributor

@CorrTor    I have never wanted a Q card. Some friends have them and after talking with them I didn’t see the point in getting one. I just use a regular card for points. 

I received an offer for $100 to open a card. I had offers for other amounts but ignored it. (Please don’t get angry, I didn’t ask for it nor was I one who received a Q mug)!

I couldn’t turn that down so opened the card and haven’t used it yet. I will definitely check to be certain I get the credit. 

I think the reason for the offers is because people want the points and use other payments. Other cards cost QVC a service fee but they need to make the Q card more attractive. (I put a LOT on my other card!)

I will probably use it once.

Honored Contributor

@CorrTor ...I agree, it reminds of my cable bill, they won't give me a deal because I am a LONG TIME customer....I have been trying to lower the bill, it's a no go, they will not budge.

Respected Contributor

I never saw a reason to get a card with a 29% interest rate (say what!!!), let alone one that gives no points or cash back. I use a card that rewards me for using it. 

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers make sure you read the fine print. I think you have to make a purchase within a certain time frame in order to receive the credit.