Super Contributor

I understand that with system updates or changes, you can lose older data. I understand choices need to be made on what's important to you as a company. But maybe there could be more thought into what's important to your customers, too?

I've been shopping with QVC since 1989. Having easy access to my old orders would be helpful for things like insurance claims or knowing what size bracelet I ordered as a gift, for example. 

The fact that my order history only goes back to 2007 is annoying...but what really has me scratching my head is why are orders from as recent as 2016 missing? 

First I thought orders for things no longer available was the reason things disappeared, but no...there are plenty items  that are no longer still showing up in my available order history. So I'm at a loss to figure out why some order histories stay and why others are purged from my records. Besides which, whether an item is no longer available or not, the information is still helpful to have it available to access. 

Anyway, I just thought I'd give my two cents for hoping that QVC could make these deleted records available again. And if I've overlooked an obvious way to see these deleted records, I apologize. 

Thank you!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

Re: Purging our order history

You're lucky. My history ONLY goes back about two years. I don't know some sizes I ordered, etc. I've called a couple of times and CS was able to find it easily.

Honored Contributor

@1MrsT  They do have our order history back for years.  I called to see if they had record of a ring I bought 12 years ago. They did have it! You may have to go through CS to get back that many years. It is not lost.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you! That makes me feel better, but I still say it would be better if we could access it ourselves by searching through our accounts. Sometimes weeding through pages of stuff reminds of things we'd forgotten about, that also pertain to the reason for our search.

And I'm guessing this means they have ALL of our order history in their "vaults"? 

Again, thank you for sharing this info.

~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

I don't know should or would keep order records for more than a couple of years.  If you have something of value, that would be up to you to record the sale.

Trusted Contributor

@1MrsT, I have the same problem / complaint.

My Q's Order History is really haphazard, too. 

What I would like for the Q to  keep in our Order History, is purchases like Diamonique, which has the Q's warranty or guarantee, so we have acess to it (or any other item that would apply in that repair/replace catagory). 

~

My daughter has a Diamonique tennis bracelet that needs to returned for replacement or repair, that was purchased "umpteen" years ago and is no longer listed in my Order History.  So I will have to have someone in CS check this out ... I will try to do this by e-mail, since it will take some time to research it ... definitely not a request to be handled by phone and be put on hold  Woman LOL.

Super Contributor

@mzlg Thanks for understanding the broader issue here. I'm sure Customer Service will be happy to help you with this, as they helped me when I called with a problem I had with an eternity band. 

@Sooner Here's my answer to your comment...since 1989 I've been purchasing a TON of jewelry, 3 computers, several KitchenAid and Vitamix appliances, ladders, sheets cookware sets, silverware sets, shoes, purses, clothing, Bose, recliners, vacuums, binocular cameras, cameras, tools, tablemates, Lock & Locks sets, etc etc etc. This is just off the top of my head of SOME of what I've purchased here. What happens if I have a fire or a theft? How large a box do I need to store all these receipts? How much time will it take for Customer Service to wade through my records to supply me the info I need? How bothersome and time consuming for them to do this for one customer, muchless many customers?

Prior to the purge(s), I could simply page through my order history to find what I needed. I could take screen captures of pages of orders. I could print off individual orders. All of that info could be easily accessed and reviewed at my convenience.

I have walked through my home and videoed my belongings for insurance purposes...but it's not an itemized list, nor do I remember to make a new video every time I purchase something. And I have kept some receipts on larger purchases - but not all of them. And maybe I will NEVER need these records, but there was peace of mind knowing it was available at my finger tips.

I raised this issue so that QVC could see that WE have needs, too. It's nice knowing they have access to our records. But I wish that we still had access, as well.

~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

@1MrsT wrote:

@mzlg Thanks for understanding the broader issue here. I'm sure Customer Service will be happy to help you with this, as they helped me when I called with a problem I had with an eternity band. 

@Sooner Here's my answer to your comment...since 1989 I've been purchasing a TON of jewelry, 3 computers, several KitchenAid and Vitamix appliances, ladders, sheets cookware sets, silverware sets, shoes, purses, clothing, Bose, recliners, vacuums, binocular cameras, cameras, tools, tablemates, Lock & Locks sets, etc etc etc. This is just off the top of my head of SOME of what I've purchased here. What happens if I have a fire or a theft? How large a box do I need to store all these receipts? How much time will it take for Customer Service to wade through my records to supply me the info I need? How bothersome and time consuming for them to do this for one customer, muchless many customers?

Prior to the purge(s), I could simply page through my order history to find what I needed. I could take screen captures of pages of orders. I could print off individual orders. All of that info could be easily accessed and reviewed at my convenience.

I have walked through my home and videoed my belongings for insurance purposes...but it's not an itemized list, nor do I remember to make a new video every time I purchase something. And I have kept some receipts on larger purchases - but not all of them. And maybe I will NEVER need these records, but there was peace of mind knowing it was available at my finger tips.

I raised this issue so that QVC could see that WE have needs, too. It's nice knowing they have access to our records. But I wish that we still had access, as well.

@1MrsT  Difference in people because I do not expect a store to keep up with my receipts.  I keep them in a file labled "big ticket items" for anything that would have an extended warranty.  Otherwise, I stick them all in a canister then toss the ones I don't need to keep every 6 months or so.

No store could possibly be depended on to store your receipts.  They have to buy computer space for that, and they change systems and lose data, etc. etc.  That's my problem not theirs.  That's the say I see it.

Super Contributor

@Sooner Had they never kept years of history, perhaps. But I've lived through being a part of a team that handled system changes...and in those system changes, we listened to the users on what needed to be saved, as well as what they wanted to see. 

I like to ask for what I want/need.  But as you say, it comes down to a difference in people. Differences are what make the world go round. 

~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think people realize how expensive and difficult it is to retain records beyond the time required by state and federal regulations.  

Having worked with IT for 25 years, I can tell you it is outrageously expensive.  Each system upgrade has to be specially programmed around retention. Then there is testing, retesting, and implementation...and that doesn't even begin to include work on the actual update to systems.  Massive records also slow down systems.  State and Federal regulations usually mandate how long records must be kept.  After that, it's up to each company if they want to purge them.  Smart businesses would purge them sooner rather than later just for cost effectiveness and reasonable customer service.  

I would never expect a company to provide a lengthy history of my buying records.  That responsibility is on me, the customer, once a year has passed.