Honored Contributor

Martha Stewart is the worse. Poor woman has to stop what she's doing to get that mop out of her eyes to see what she's doing. Weird, since she's so exact in everything she does that she would have to take the time to swoosh that hair all the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pull that hair back!!!!

[ Edited ]

Not talking about any one celebrity, person, etc.:  Most/many people 'just don't give a 'fig' about germs now-a-days. (I do, but that's another story.)  I see it everywhere. Also, most people don't wash their kids' hands before eating or touching table foods, even after playing outdoors, etc.    Sorry to sound negative, but I'm only guessing that many complaints here aren't valid to many here.  All we can do is keep our own selves and foods clean. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer:  I remember when  she first came to the Q, she was young and adorable.w

we all age, but some better than others. She needs to do something with her hair. Let Maris McCool do a trick.  and a stylist would not hurt.  I do like her somewhat but like LR if she left I could live.

Respected Contributor

@grandma03 wrote:

Re: Jill Bauer:  I remember when  she first came to the Q, she was young and adorable.w

we all age, but some better than others. She needs to do something with her hair. Let Maris McCool do a trick.  and a stylist would not hurt.  I do like her somewhat but like LR if she left I could live.

While I'm not a fan of how Jill is currently styling her hair, lol, I sure wouldn't want Maria to touch it.  I'm not impressed with the hairstyles of other hosts that she apparently does.

Lol, As far as pulling the har back, Laurie Shore is always on there with her hair hainging down in front.  Gross.

Honored Contributor

If the hosts or vendors are messing with their hair in any way it's distracting, unless they are presenting hair care products.

Honored Contributor

@grandma03 wrote:

I thought it was time for a hairstyle change for Jill, but I don't care for the new look at all.

However, it's not my decision.

Honored Contributor

I have taken cooking classes and I always comment on keeping hair pulled back

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@makena wrote:

It's a TV presentation for goodness sake.  They are not in a restaurant cooking meals for consumption.

True, but someone's going to eat it....

@faeriemoon@  @makena Actually I seriously doubt anyone eats it.  Food styled for display is coated with oils, sprayed, waxed, and varnished for effect.  It sits for HOURS.  I'll bet it is dumped instantly.  And it will be used over and over for different shows as well.  And sprayed some more!  LOL!!!

It is a sales demo NOT a restaurant or somebody's home.  And yes, I have worked with food photography and display so I have been there, done that and NO I would not eat it!  

Honored Contributor

I think people need to quit telling others what to do with their hair.

I cannot imagine having such a weak and queasy stomach that the site of hair makes me gag.  I'd see a doctor about that.   

Honored Contributor

Do you all put hairnets on or pull your hair back when you are cooking at home?  I sure don't.