Super Contributor

Products Which Are Never Featured on QVC

[ Edited ]

I have noticed there are untold numbers of items on the QVC website that seem to never be presented on any of the QVC presentations. Tonight, I was doing an internet search for  a Cuisinart Single Cast-Iron Burner for Counter Top Use (we wanted this to use in our RV). The internet reviews for this specific item were very good. I decided to check the QVC website, too. I was surprised to find the item there at a quite competitive price; of course, there wasn't a video to accompany the item. I wonder if it has ever been presented on QVC?  I am just wondering why the same few items are shown over and over while other items are never even shown? The Cuisinart item (individual burner) would be a nice item to feature on one of the kitchen shows. If your long-time viewers can list the items featured on your shows without even turning on the television, it is past time to present some new inventory.

Honored Contributor

Re: Products Which Are Never Featured on QVC

I always figured QVC has different kinds of contracts with different vendors.  Some include showing on the air but many only include listing on the website just as seller do on Amazon and Walmart.  QVC does not actively market these items which is too bad because there's some good stuff there.  Some time ago, I ran across a line of nright, crayon colored small appliances.  I bought a turquoise toaster which has turned out to be one of the best I've ever had.  These would have been great gifts.  Gone now but they seemed to sell well without being advertised.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624  Perhaps there just seems to be less product variety on QVC now because of the over-night "TSV" marathon. The programming just does not seem to be as varied as it once was. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I discovered Vera Bradley has some beautiful quilts which I've never seen presented. QVC sure limits themselves with endless TSV presentations.

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA  I've wondered the same thing.  There are thousands of items on the website that never make it to a presentation.  Perhaps QVC does have different contracts with vendors that prohibit it and/or the quanities aren't sufficient to make it onair.  It is infortunate that the same items are constantly repeated when there's so much more inventory.

Esteemed Contributor

I think a large part of it has to do with supply and inventory.  An item given a presentation on air probably needs to be held in significant amounts in inventory.  

Items presented over and over on air are ordered in very large quantities.

Esteemed Contributor

I just figured the same old same old vendors pay QVC for airtime plus a percentage of sales so they get the airtime.  Those vendors who don't pay the Piper (QVC) don't get to air.  Sort of like in the grocery store:  the vendors who can pay the most get the prime shelving space while those who can't get the top or bottom shelves.

I didn't even realize the Q had so many products available.  It would be nice if they found a much better way to air a much larger variety of products.  Perhaps the consumer as well as the Q might benefit.

Valued Contributor

Some of the problem I believe is QVC can only manage a certain number of items on set during a given day.  They must unpack, transport to set, arrange the set, prepare the hosts with those cards and talking points, etc.  It is too bad but I think with so much online inventory  live airtime might be a thing of the past.  So many customers are unhappy with recorded shows, show hosts, shipping fees, delayed deliveries, a forever return process,  too few items on air, etc. I have to wonder if QVC will survive the retail scene.  After all Amazon does quite well without all of the studio nonsense and expense of hosts.  It might be time to rethink at QVC management.  

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA   Not surprising, they sell so much stuff here, like many of us the q loves a closeout sale. They buy up the stuff and sell it here, you can tell this by some of the insane stuff they sell here. With xmas in July, it just notes the good, the bad and the ugly they sell here to just clear out their own warehouse stuff.

It's impossible to watch here from about October on because there's no telling via the program guide what will even be on the tube. I literally stop tuning in until mid/last Jan when things sort of get back to some sort of normalcy.

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD @ I agree about watching QVC during the Christmas Season. Since QVC's Christmas began in July, the viewing audience probably already has "Visions of Sugarplums Dancing in their Heads"! I find the early onset of the holiday season just too much. I agree with you; I have tuned out of the QVC shows until January. Maybe by that time, some of the problematic issues with slow shipping, incorrect items shipped, breakage, and TSV-overload will be solved. I feel like QVC has lost its focus, and in the process, has lost many of its customers.