Honored Contributor

Pricing and S&H Charges on Dooney and Other Handbags

Your prices and shipping charges on Dooney (and other national brand) handbags are not competitive with other retailers.

Why buy a Dooney bag from QVC, and pay up to $15 for shipping (when you add on the tax in my state), when you can buy the same item elsewhere, and get FREE shipping, and very often a SALE price?? 

We shoppers are savvy, and search the Internet for the best price, and free shipping. Your business model might have worked ten or fifteen years ago, before the Internet was in almost every home. But it won't work going forward, unless your pricing, shipping charges, and shipping speed, are all more competitive.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Re: Pricing and S&H Charges on Dooney and Other Handbags

I think for a lot of people, the appeal of buying Dooney from QVC is the easy pay; I prefer free shipping so shop elsewhere. QVCPlus, has had nothing new and exciting except for the Brenna, but they're sold out of the beautiful red color. I miss when they had novelty bags as I would purchase those.

Football is my favorite season.
Respected Contributor

@handygal2  I think that a lot of shoppers need or want to take advantage of the easy pays that they have available, that aren't available at other retailers or your local department store, and that is why they would purchase from QVC, and even pay a little more.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Women don't buy their Dooney's from QVC because they are looking for a price break or and they know what the s&h will be.  They aren't nickel and diming this stuff.  Money isn't the deciding factor for everyone on everything.   There is larger assortment of bags and colors than you will ever find in any b&m store.  That's what women like and many like the Easy Pay's.  QVC's business model is working quite well judging for the number of Dooney shows and the huge assortment of bags offered.  Oh, yeah.  It's it's nice having a pristine Dooney delivered right to your door.  

Honored Contributor

FYI, for those who like to buy handbags on Easy Pay, the Dooney website offers Dooney Pay. And Macy's is now offering 6 months interest-free financing on handbags costing $199 or more.

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought many of my Dooneys from the I Love Dooney website.  Bags are in pristine condition, shipping is free, and I do believe they offer time payments.  Selections are great, and there are so many sales.  Dooney is constantly offering new styles, so the opportunity to get buys on retiring styles is always there.  I had been looking for a navy crossbody bag, which I could convert to a a hand-held small purse.  What a honey I bought for $100.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

FYI, for those who like to buy handbags on Easy Pay, the Dooney website offers Dooney Pay. And Macy's is now offering 6 months interest-free financing on handbags costing $199 or more.

@handygal2, to get the 6 months financing you have to use a Macy's card.  I'm also pretty sure that the Dooney site only offers 3 payments and that's only on certain bags.

I rarely buy my bags from here because I will not overpay for something.  If I see a bag I like, I do an internet search.  If I can find it cheaper elsewhere, that site gets my money. 

Yes QVC offers more styles and colors than walking into a store but there is no need to walk into a store.  Everywhere has an internet site.  And many times the reason QVC offers more colors or styles is because they are exclusive to QVC and that's a huge deal breaker for me.   

Frequent Contributor

I buy my Dooney and Bourke bags from the I Love Dooney site also.  Free Shippng with no minimum purchase, and like the other poster said, delivered to my house in pristine shape.  If D&B can offer free shipping, then why can't the Q when they have the D&B shows?  Or at least, reduced S&H.   I look elsewhere for items shown on the Q, especially Amazon.  I do not "nickel and dime", I look for good buys.

Respected Contributor

My take is that you are buying without seeing it in person.  If you don't like it when you get it you just lost close to $20. to return it.  Not worth the chance to me.  I am fussy about my bags and if it doesn't feel right on my shoulder, or handles are not the right size, color not what I thought, etc. why would I spend $12. to get a bag that I might return and lose the $12. plus return shipping?  Dooney bags are nice but expensive so they have to be just right IMHO.  I would rather buy in person, or from a source with free shipping/and or free returns.  Easy Pay is not the draw for me.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Women don't buy their Dooney's from QVC because they are looking for a price break or and they know what the s&h will be.  They aren't nickel and diming this stuff.  Money isn't the deciding factor for everyone on everything.   There is larger assortment of bags and colors than you will ever find in any b&m store.  That's what women like and many like the Easy Pay's.  QVC's business model is working quite well judging for the number of Dooney shows and the huge assortment of bags offered.  Oh, yeah.  It's it's nice having a pristine Dooney delivered right to your door.  

@chrystaltree: Unfortunately, for some people, saving $50 to $100-- or more-- on a handbag isn't nickel and diming.  Woman Frustrated