Trusted Contributor

I read recently that in 2014 QVC shipped 173 million packages and they currently sell porducts in many places around the world.  They aren't exactly hurting for business even considering the current pricing structure.   It is up to each of us to decide what we can afford and to shop accordingly.  Retailers aren't going to change a successful business plan because some current customers can no longer afford their products.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

...So many posters here seem to want Tiffany's quality at Dollar Tree prices.

Many posters believe they are getting Dollar Tree quality at Tiffany prices.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Frequent Contributor

I am shopping at EVINE and HSN for the past year on most things. Their prices are not high like QVC and they are good. Love their fashion and their skincare lines.

Frequent Contributor

In the past business cared about their customers, especially since that is why they were successful in the first place. It is like in school, you run around with the nerds and liked them until the popular people started to like you and than you dump the nerds for them.

Frequent Contributor

You said it right. Their quality has gone down and and their price has gone up.

Valued Contributor

I don't shop here for clothes, I need petites and with most of their tops covering guts and butts, they look like tents on me. Plus $49 for a shirt? No way.

Honored Contributor

Tonight,  I saw pair of sandals for over 200 and Isaac has a jacket on tonight for only 300.

Woman Surprised

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I watch the morning fashions on QVC. it's like thumbing through a catalog of a business I won't buy from. I don't shop at QVC because of a lengthy past history of their not providing me with quality, value or convenience. 

So so why do I watch? I like to look at the clothes. But the prices are ridiculous! For the same quality, I can go to my local B&M. For the price, that same store offers deep discounts on clearance items plus coupons. I walked out with two designer tops for less than $20. When was the last time you could buy two tops at the Q for $20 total? A designer athletic cardigan that looks so much like LOGO, I had to do a double take, only cost me $19.99. 

Even if QVC offered serious and not insultingly meager clearance sales, I wouldn't buy from them. Their return policy is ridiculous. I'd rather take 10 minutes to try on an item at the store, rather than try on at home, find it doesn't work for me, have to pack it back up, and go to the trouble and expense of returning it to QVC. That isn't a convenience to me.

Maybe the real reason I watch QVC is to see those prices, feel good about not paying them and know that I support my community and those that work in my local store.

Honored Contributor

What I love about QVC is that they DO offer the more expensive brands (shoes, handbags) which are quality items.... and offer easy pay.  While I don't over do it, I

do take advantage of these items once in awhile because spreading the payment out

over 5 months or so allows me to own it when I wouldn't buy it at the brick & mortar price. I do watch for clearance items.... and I keep strict track of what I have on easy pays and when I've paid it off.  

But I agree regarding the super-thin materials and the pricing...(example S.G. items) but again, having sewn my entire life I've seen the rise in the cost of materials (all of them), the rise in costs of everything else you need to make the item, buttons, elastic, facing, pattern, etc. etc.... but I rarely buy clothing off the Q anymore.  My last purchase was a D & C Sherpa zip front coat ($54 I think) that I loved so much I did order another color).....

So there it is for me... kind of a love/hate relationship......  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

you have to set a limit is what I do for myself.

100 the most for a bag

100 the most for shoes

I don't have anybody to impress and if you want quality you have to spend that much for like a Vera bag or Clarks shoes.