Frequent Contributor

Prices on clothes getting too much

I buy my tops from qvc, but the prices are becoming too much. I see the new ones costing in around 60.00 and more. The quality is not what is use to be either. The fabric on most of your tops and sweaters are so thin.

Respected Contributor

Re: Prices on clothes getting too much

Makes me think it is good my closets are full of nice things I like to wear and have enough outfits to last a long time without having to make any more purchases. 

Respected Contributor

Me Too ....!!

Super Contributor

I don't think that some of the high prices they are charging now will attract new, younger customers.  Younger customers seem to all love TJM, T, WM, etc.....

Respected Contributor

I've stopped buying clothes at the Q.....I always had to return either because of quality or fit.  In fact this summer I am trying not to buy any clothes from anywhere.  I really don't need anything.

I will say though I am lucky to have 2 great consignment stores near me....they are always my first go to when I need something.

Honored Contributor

@Fionna  Is there a reason you continue to shop at QVC? There are plenty of other retailers that have websites with more reasonably priced and equal quality clothing.

Honored Contributor

I love SG clothes, particularly here liquid knit.  She just had a top on the I thought was quite pretty......until I saw that it wass over $60!!!!!!!!!  These days, I just wouldn't get enough wear out of it to justify the price.  Sorry SG, you're just getting too expensive for me!  But I'll continue to watch!

Contributor

We are now paying for the tariffs in China.  The consumer is absurbing this extra cost to the manufacturer.  99% of clothing on QVC comes from China.   Because of the trade war, American consumers are the losers again.

I was going to buy a seesucker big shirt from Joan Rivers.  Seesucker, an old fabric.

they wanted $67.00 for the shirt.   $67.00.    I let QVC Rep go through the process of total cost.

ARE YOU READY.   $85.00 was total cost.   I told her no blouse is worth that.  Cancel my order.

Look at the price of Quacker Factory.  Out of hand,   Valerie Parr Hill has not hit us with the additional costs but wait, her season for selling goods is far from over.

Look at the price of food being sold on the show.  Crazy.  I saw Hot Dogs, 12, was being sold for $40 plus and that was not with S&H.

I saw a spatular set on TV,  $18 plus.  I was going to order it.  Again had the representative go thru the process.  That $18.00 was now $31.00.  Told her to cancel, I would go to Walmart and buy one for $5.99.

QVC is jacking up prices because of the tariffs and as I said, consumers are being taken for a sleigh ride.

Frequent Contributor

Right now I wear 3x and I like some of there tops. I do buy less than I have in the past. I am losing weight so very careful what I buy since I may wear them for only a few months. 

Frequent Contributor

This has been going on for a few years now and  don't think much has to do with the tarrifs. I do agree that the tarrifs are and will be effecting things though.