Contributor

Prices getting a little high!

I love Kim Gravel, I think she is a beautiful person inside and out and I know she's in this to make money, but seriously....her prices are a little high.  She's not the only one either, I see prices creaping up on Susan Graver, IM is bringing in some high priced items. I understand inflation, but I think with paying S&H, the QVC prices should be a little lower than what I can go to Macy's and buy, especially since more people are at home and not working because of pandemic.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Prices getting a little high!

@Suzyq1 wrote:

I love Kim Gravel, I think she is a beautiful person inside and out and I know she's in this to make money, but seriously....her prices are a little high.  She's not the only one either, I see prices creaping up on Susan Graver, IM is bringing in some high priced items. I understand inflation, but I think with paying S&H, the QVC prices should be a little lower than what I can go to Macy's and buy, especially since more people are at home and not working because of pandemic.

@Suzyq1   I totally agree.  I always enjoy Kim Gravel but the prices are much too high for me...plus the shipping.  They have priced me out of the market.  I have been buying a few new things at Macy's.  Fortunately they have a nice selection of petites.   You can not beat the deals....and the free shipping.    And finally our Marshall's just opened.  I went today for a little "retail therapy" and picked up some really nice brand name jeans and cute athletic style joggers.  Lots of clearance.   I'm happy to have options like Macy's and Marshall's. 

Trusted Contributor

I also have noticed that Denim & Company has raised its prices a lot higher.

I agree, prices in QVC should be lower, we arent Onassis after all!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

It seems like this pandemic has sent prices going up all over.

Respected Contributor

Once you add on tax and shipping the prices are a turn off most of the time. Also with the slow to no shipping issues maybe the q should consider cutting shipping costs for a while. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Kim too but her prices for the average family are just too high. I also noticed my favorite Denim & Co prices have also gone up. I always rethink a purchase before I buy it.  Is it worth it? Can I get something similar at stores at home?   I think where I have seen the most prices going up is on David's kitchen shows. Food prices are not for the faint of heart.  When you figure in tax and shipping it raises the price a lot. I think as long as people will continue to purchase at high prices they will stay there or climb higher. If you complain you are told it is unfortunate you can't afford it but they can so they don't care what they pay. It isn't that I can't afford it but I am practical and to overpay is kinda dumb IMO.

Honored Contributor

A few days ago Mary Beth thanked the "tens of thousands new customers the past 2-3 months."

Mike George reported increased sales in food. 

I remember not too long ago when $49 was the magic number for clothing, now it's $60 - $80 plus.  

I think some of this is jacking up the QVC price to make up for lower prices on sales and clearances that I see more frequently than in the past.

Respected Contributor

I too have noticed higher prices as well as shipping costs. Food especially has increased.  Some brands of clothing and shoes are out of my price range now.  Shirts like Side Stitch for about $130++ and shoes in he range of $150.  Can't do it.  I'm furloughed and probably will not be called back.  No unemployment or other benefits, so my disposible income is gone.  If I do shop I have to be very conscious of prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't quite understand it that the Q has been raising prices on most clothing items, yet I see other retailers such as Macy's, Kohl's, Lands End, JJill, etc. having good sales and reduced prices. A typical top from SG is in the $60 range, as is Gravel's. Even my favorite Cuddl Duds are now around $40+, where they used to be in the $20 - $30 range.

My most recent (and last) purchase here (Cuddl Duds) took 5 weeks to arrive after I ordered it. So, between the higher prices and slow shipping, I have no plans to order anything else. I'll be making a trip to Kohl's tomorrow for the few pieces of underwear and tops that I need.

QVC has every right to charge whatever they want, and I have the right to choose not to purchase. And that's what I'm doing.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to buy a lot of D&Co and other clothing brands from QVC because they were reasonably priced and high quality.   Now QVC's clothing prices are too high and the quality is low.  They lost me as a customer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt