Valued Contributor

Prices Need to come down in order for the Q to stay competitive.

I see an IM True Denim button front shirt with short sleeves that have cuffs for $60!! Add tax and shipping and that's a couple bucks shy of $70. There's no way to justify that for this cotton shirt. Should've been no more than $25. I was surprised to see the prices on his show. And try to sell a $50 T...I'm a bargain shopper thru and thru but still want quality. I am a web shopper as well as a TJMaxx regular, where you can find first quality, Designer fashions for so much less. As a side point, I found a J.Crew summer cotton LINED sleeveless, wide-legged jumpsuit in olive, with the tags still on for $16.99!!! And that wasn't a markdown price. Now that's a TSV!

Respected Contributor

Re: Prices Need to come down in order for the Q to stay competitive.

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I see an IM True Denim button front shirt with short sleeves that have cuffs for $60!! Add tax and shipping and that's a couple bucks shy of $70. There's no way to justify that for this cotton shirt. Should've been no more than $25. I was surprised to see the prices on his show. And try to sell a $50 T...I'm a bargain shopper thru and thru but still want quality. I am a web shopper as well as a TJMaxx regular, where you can find first quality, Designer fashions for so much less. As a side point, I found a J.Crew summer cotton LINED sleeveless, wide-legged jumpsuit in olive, with the tags still on for $16.99!!! And that wasn't a markdown price. Now that's a TSV!

Prices have been through the roof for some time.  I find the prices for clothing some 20-50 percent higher than competing stores. I have not bought a piece of clothing from the Q for almost 10 years.  And NEVER EVER buy electronics. 

Valued Contributor

@Reever For me, it's all about Lunchtime and Primetime Specials and searching AS IS and Clearance items from certain vendors. I don't pay full price here because even the sale prices aren't that great. I love J.Crew when they have additional 50-60% off sale prices. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC has never been a discount retailer. They are competitive with many other other stores and on line sites. Yes, their prices have increased. They always do. And prices never 'come down.'

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's about being competitive in price for them and apparently they aren't needing to lower their prices until people stop buying. They offer easy pay and for better or worse people like to use it even though overall the price is higher 

Honored Contributor

Prices have gone up in every type of business

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I totally agree on this.  Some of the brick and mortar stores have been opening where I live and I am getting AMAZING deals.  I purchased a $60 sweater for $4.20 and a $14 tank top for $1.12. Those prices are less than 10% of original price.  

However, when QVC has “clearance,” they think it is a big deal to provide 10% off. Clothing and jewelry have the biggest markup in sales. While I agree the cost of everything is going up, I think QVC has raised their prices exponentially higher than other retailers.  Seriously, a Susan Graver top for $60-something dollars that looks comparable to shirts from big box stores? People are paying for the “convenience” in QVC.  

The pandemic may have enabled QVC to limp along for another few months, but they need to reconsider market strategy and prices now that stores are opening again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can get better deals from Macy's, Talbots, Lands End,  LLBean, Kohls, and a lot of other retailers so I don't buy clothing from Q.  Q's shoes can always be found elsewhere for less money.

I agree, I'd never buy electronics from Q.  I've researched some and they are never the most recent version.  All the extras are unnecessary and just increase the price.  

I have been eyeing a 14k bracelet for a long time but won't pay full price. I might consider buying it on the August gold day (if they even have a gold day) if it's marked down enough.  I found a nice jewelry retailer online whose prices are much lower per gram and their quality and customer service are outstanding - Sarraf dotcom.  

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend   Your headline says it all for this company.

Valued Contributor

So true prices are ridiculous... $50 & $60 bucks for a tee shirt......LOGO...Give me a break...SG really is on another planet..I am 65 and I would NEVER walk around in most of her clothes...What is with the large flowers...and  POLYESTER  looks like it is right out of he Brady Bunch.......