Valued Contributor

It is unclear why prices on so many items change within days.  Between sale price, featured price, then the QVC price, clearance price, last licks price, as is price, TSV price, one day only price I am spinning.  And then something I buy one day at a QVC price is changed within days...really getting your customers confused...at least this customer.  

Honored Contributor

@GabidogIt's going on with many retailers but I think because we see it and hear it with the TV presentations, it's more apparent here.  Still, I don't think more than a week goes by that Macys doesn't have a sale start starts and stops mid-day, and I've read a number of consumer warnings about price changes elsewhere with no notice at all.  And I know that just recently I had an experience locally where the very same item but hanging in two different parts of a store had 2 different prices. 

That caveat emptor I learned in 9th grade is certainly still alive all these years later!

Honored Contributor

Like many of you (probably), I have so many clothes and 'things' that I don't REALLY 'need' anything.

With that in mind, with me, if it isn't on easy pay, I don't buy it.  Also, sometimes I go to buy something and think, 'do I really need that'.

Lately, I've been bored with QVC.  They have the same stuff over and and over.  I send things to friends and family but (like I said) it's the same stuff over and over so I'm not buying things much....

I keep remembering what someone here said, "how are we going to get those weird sleeves into a coat"....also I hate cold shoulder and I look stupid in peplum.

That's pretty much all QVC is selling these days.

Respected Contributor

Last "licks" price? Now that's funny!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have worked retail for decades, including a stint at a major department store.

Price changes are everyday occurrences, and part of the business strategy.  Yes, caveat emptor.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I also worked in retail for decades and also at a department store where constant sales and price changes occurred.  QVC seems to be changing prices too often to be rational. I ordered a food item to ship in December.  I decided to cancel since my plans changed. I then reordered  but the price was higher.  Three days later it was back to the original order price so I had to again cancel the higher price order and reorder at the "new" price.  And it was a QVC price...not a featured price.  Hope I did not make any spelling errors this post since they are commented on....clicks not licks....sorry!