Trusted Contributor

Re: Price are WAY out of control

Some of you are missing the point of the OP. Prices have increased by a Lot more than the clothing at other places. The point isn't to tell her groceries are higher or she can buy someplace else. She is saying, if the prices were more reasonable, she would gladly buy from QVC as she had been doing for many years. When you are used to paying $20-$30 for a Denim & Co. item made of polyester and now the average price is $40-60 for a top and same for a pair of pants, that is more than fairly priced. And since most of the clothes aren't made of cotton, the fact that cotton has gone up doesn't apply. Stores like Macy's has to absorb increases but they aren't  raising prices like the Q and when they have sales, they are Real sales---up to 70% off, not $5 less. I used to buy all my shoes from the Q since I wear an 11 wide which you can't find in stores. But after buying the Same Size for several years, paying shipping and having them not fit, paying $6.95 to send them back, I now buy online at places that have free shipping and free returns and which are usually cheaper to start with. So I choose not to buy any shoes at the Q anymore. And I refuse to pay $60 for a top to wear around the house. So my point parallels the OP. I would buy from the Q if it were not so expensive and so would many others.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Jeletta wrote:

@Jeletta   I agree with you and for that reason, I hardly buy any clothing from the Q.  It has to be something I really like and can't get locally.   I am also tired of the slow shipping.  I ordered 6 pair of levi jeans on Sat. and woke up to them at my door on Monday.  I ordered 6 tops with thumb holes last week from another store and had all of them in 3 days and no not from Amazon.  Add to that all the clothing being modeled by plus size models loses my interest when I am 100 pounds.  They must have buyers and probably don't care what we think, so it is best to just buy somewhere else. 

I was with you until the comment about plus sized models. Models have always been super thin so it's about time women could see clothing on various sizes. It's a pity some can't survive for a few minutes with a model who isn't a size 2. 

Frequent Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

Some of you are missing the point of the OP. Prices have increased by a Lot more than the clothing at other places. The point isn't to tell her groceries are higher or she can buy someplace else. She is saying, if the prices were more reasonable, she would gladly buy from QVC as she had been doing for many years. When you are used to paying $20-$30 for a Denim & Co. item made of polyester and now the average price is $40-60 for a top and same for a pair of pants, that is more than fairly priced. And since most of the clothes aren't made of cotton, the fact that cotton has gone up doesn't apply. Stores like Macy's has to absorb increases but they aren't  raising prices like the Q and when they have sales, they are Real sales---up to 70% off, not $5 less. I used to buy all my shoes from the Q since I wear an 11 wide which you can't find in stores. But after buying the Same Size for several years, paying shipping and having them not fit, paying $6.95 to send them back, I now buy online at places that have free shipping and free returns and which are usually cheaper to start with. So I choose not to buy any shoes at the Q anymore. And I refuse to pay $60 for a top to wear around the house. So my point parallels the OP. I would buy from the Q if it were not so expensive and so would many others.

YES! Thank you for clarifying my post! I am not looking for anything free (as one woman commented), and I will pay a reasonable amount for a nice quality item because I know it will last. But, as others replied, other retailers have very huge sales year round (not just $5 off), and always free shipping and returns. I do shop around and find that QVC falls short in recent years. I made the point that day that the Susan Graver TSV top sold out early. Someone posted "looks like they are doing just fine." YES, because the item was a normal price and everyone bought it for that value! Thank you again for clarifying my post :-)

Honored Contributor

Do not blame the 4X and 5X customers.  If anything it is the small size XXS and XS that are the last to sell out and have to be marked down to get them out the door.  I'm glad to see QVC is being so inclusive.  As a 1X it just fries me to pay that $5.00 extra from the stores I used to patronize, LL Bean and Eddie Bauer.  So I pretty much shop here on clothing.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have found super cute spring & summer tops on Amazon.  

Frequent Contributor

Prices are going up too much. I saw a sweat shirt i wanted to get. A plain sweat shirt $68.00 I believe then tax then shipping unless free.
Somethings just over priced and this is a tough time for many. That is no deal, bit there are plenty if your watching 24/7.
Valued Contributor

Prices are ridiculous....LOGO and SG in particular..Isaac manages to keep his clothing + watches/shoes down in price !!!!  For stuff Made in China.....sinful..QVC should sell USA made ONLY !!  Or that of our allies....not our enemy...

Super Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Seriously? Have you looked at the price of groceries lately? I'm more concerned about what I'm paying for necessities rather than what is offered at QVC. There's nothing QVC offers that I can't live without.

So why can’t a poster express a concern without someone else 

discounting their issue?

Theres ALWAYS “bigger concerns” in the world than the Q,

but this is a customer forum to express views that others may or may not share.

Her issue is no less important , just because it’s not as important to 

others.

Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I feel prices differ everywhere.  QVC offers many brands at a range of prices.  Some are reasonable, some maybe not for you.  There are plenty of other places to shop.  If you don't like QVC prices or you feel they are out of your range of what you want to spend.  Over the years, as you put it, QVC has spoiled us with free S&H, returns free, etc.  They probably suffered quite a loss on trying to keep people happy.

I feel this is just another unhappy customer who wants better products at less money with free free free.

And? So what?

You seriously think that OP doesn’t know there are “plenty of other places to shop”?

This is the Q’s forums, so discussing an issue with the Q is,

( one would think) a common practice.

Whats with the “FREE FREE FREE” implied insult to OP?

A huge assumption, much?

Super Contributor

It used to be that the majority of clothing was made out of cotton or some other natural fiber. Polyester and many synthetics were far less expensive. Today there are hardly any natural fibers available. Even jeans are going the way of synthetics. I could not find hardly any wool in the winter coats, hats, mittens, or scarfs. These days the majority of fabrics are synthetic AND those synthetic fabrics are getting higher and higher in price. Many polyesters are made up of plastic. These synthetics are very inexpensive to manufacture compared to natural fibers and yet the price is now outrageous as they have driven many of the natural fiber producers out of business. This is how plastics has become so prevalent in this country. Cheap plastic imports drove many domestic producers out of business. Many of those defunct companies were then bought up and the jobs to foreign countries where the labor is far cheaper.

Polyester in the summer time is very uncomfortable for me because it does not allow air to flow and roast in it. and yet most of the summer tops are polyester and other synthetics.I don't like the way this is going. It is getting more and more difficult to find decent clothing. So much of it is poorly made and the fabrics are very poor quality even when you pay a higher price for them.