Occasional Contributor

Previously Recorded - need to change process and honor prices

I know this has been discussed before but, if you are going to continue showing previously recorded shows, you need to honor expiring prices. If I go to a store and see a price on the shelf of $100, you can bet I am going to complain if it rings up at $120. A small disclaimer at the top should not really get QVC out of the "false advertising" situation. Even if it is legal (which I highly question if tested), you will continue to lose customers if we see a price on TV and go to buy it only to find a higher price. I get it that times are tough and QVC is just trying to keep their channels active but things are tough out here for your customers also. Please give some more consideration to this problem. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Previously Recorded - need to change process and honor prices

@GinaBo   I agree with you completely. I have never bought an item being shown at a lower price than I am required to pay. I just don't like that "there's a sucker born every day" feeling.

Occasional Contributor

I think QVC is actually losing money and sales for want of $5 to $25 dollars depending on the item. For example, today QVC2 was advertising a TSV on boots with a price of around $140. I really liked them so went to the item only to find it now at $165. Apparently the TSV was yesterday's on QVC1.  Guess what? I did not buy them. In reality, I do not need a new pair of boots but might have purchased at th $140 price but not the $165 just on principal. Oh well, probably not going to change but I felt I wanted to express my feelings.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. What is even worse is when I turn on QVC2 and see something I want, only to call in and find out they are sold out. If it is sold out, they should remove the whole program. Last time that happened was Mary Beth was showing 4 pillows that light up and matching rugs. I picked up the phone and all the choices were gone except for 1 rug. Why couldn't they at least have something going across the screen saying Sorry, this has sold out. Really makes me mad. Take QVC2 down if you can't keep it current.

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer watch Q2 for the same reasons...