Respected Contributor

Re: Presentations too.too long

You are so right.  I know the younger generation has no time to watch the presentations. My daughter who works full time can't understand why I watch something that takes 10-15 minutes to present , especially if it is something you are not interested in.  I think a lot of busy people feel the same way.  And, yes, if it is something I am not interested in at the least I do change the channel.  When  certain hours of cosmetics come on I definately change the channel, or an hour of hair max, nutrisystem, serta, it cosmetics, etc.  They need to keep us engaged, not bored.

Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

They've become one hour infomercials.   The only this missing is Billy May shouting at the viewers.  Never fear though, QVC's hosts come pretty close or exceed him in that department!

LOL! you are SO right! Billy is absent because he died.

Respected Contributor

Last night on PM Style I think they showed the Hair Max TSV four or five times. It could be due to time zones, people coming home, etc. but it's excessive to spend 15-20 minutes on one item and repeat the TSV endlessly. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not watch QVC as often as I used to.  I would have it on as background or actually sit and watch the presentations.  Now, I flip thru the Q while on another show's commercial time.   And it really does seem that the TSV's - no matter the item  - are being presented way too often.  Every time I switch over to the Q, there is a TSV presentation.  So not only is the TSV being shown often during an hour, sometimes the whole hour is spent on ONE item!!!  So boring and a quick channel changer....

Respected Contributor

If my “mature” attention span can’t handle the long, repetitive presentations, I don’t how the Q expects to reel in younger people.  

Esteemed Contributor

These endlessly long presentations are one of the several reasons why I stopped watching QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

These endlessly long presentations are one of the several reasons why I stopped watching QVC. 

@Vivian. me too. I no longer watch too much of QVC or any of the shopping channels, because of this, and  I used to be really interested in the Beauty Shows, but it takes so dang long for some of the hosts to go over colors, or even ask the models what shade they have on...I could go to the store myself and check it all out... Very frustrating and a huge reason why I watch very little anymore...... 

Honored Contributor

A hour of mattresses, nutri-stem,  etc.is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pottsie wrote:

I agree totally!!  Especially things like Nutri System!!  OHMYHEAVENS!!  It was like a marathon!!

People lose weight because its gross.

Occasional Contributor

Perfectly put, that is why I record shows that interest me and just fast forward to the items I am interested in. Also avoiding all that useless blubber.