Contributor
I wish all hosts could consider the importance of keeping their nails polished, manicured, evenly clipped, and clean. When your hands are magnified on TV unfortunately the viewer can see everything and it's unsightly. While not important for some positions, I would think it's a requirement of this type of a job.
Honored Contributor

@RaminehClean and neat, yes.  Polished?  not necessary any more than it's necessary for someone as gray as I am to color their hair if they don't want to.  That's .personal choice, imo

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@RaminehClean and neat, yes.  Polished?  not necessary any more than it's necessary for someone as gray as I am to color their hair if they don't want to.  That's .personal choice, imo

Agreed @millieshops

I personally don't like to see some of the colors of polish that hosts and vendors choose. It is unbecoming and distracting to see multiple colors, or things like black.To me, they aren't flattering and do nothing to enhance the presentation, just the opposite in fact.

Clean and well manicured looks best to me, minus the polish most of the time.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Polished nails

[ Edited ]

I noticed a recent show in which Courtney Cason was presenting an hour of shoes with some shoe rep. Her nail polish was a light mint green color, which was fine by me. But I was really shocked that her nails were badly chipped. I mean...they were reeealllly chipped! I have never seen anyone's nails look like that on-air. She could have at least taken off the polish before her shift.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching a popular host one night on t.v. - she had purple polish with glitter, which really attracted attention to her hands. I didn't care for the polish, but worst of all, the cuticles on her hands (all fingers) looked like they had been handled with hedge clippers. They were ragged, rugged and really a total mess.  I actually changed the channel so I didn't have to see them.  She was presenting shoes at that moment, but it wasn't a shoe show. 

I have to say that Nancy usually had beautifully manicured hands when presenting jewelry and I've seen no odd nail polish at all on her - only soft pink or natural. Thanks for caring,  Nancy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup   Lol at hedge clippers.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night Shawn's polish was in need of a fill. It looked like she hadn't had a manicure recently. She usually has very attractive nails.

Honored Contributor

For Pete's sakes! Host bsahing again! Don't you all get tired of day in and day out complaining about the host's hair, makeup and wardrobe? Give it a rest already! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor
LOL!! It never ends! The OP is fine, but on the 4th post it degenerated into the usual personalized host bash.
Hair, makeup, and wardrobe? Don't forget words, phrases, and pronunciation!
@JaneMarple, Miss Rutherford's expression is a perfect companion to your post!
QVC Customer Care