Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry but I have to agree with the OP and @Kachina624 .

QVC should have their own full time manicurist so if the hosts are uncomfortable going into a salon, they wouldn't have to.  If you are presenting on national television, IMO, you have a responsibility to look nice and your nails need to be presentable.  No one wants to see hang nails and dried up skin or dirty nails when they show close ups.  

I am all for being cautious and am quite aware of the dangers of Covid, but get a grip people.  It won't kill you to have a manicure.

Valued Contributor

Keep your natural nails clean, trimmed and filed until you can go for a professional manicure.  If you do wear artificial nails, know that they can harbor more bacteria than the natural nail so, keep  'em clean.  

Esteemed Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Keep your natural nails clean, trimmed and filed until you can go for a professional manicure.  If you do wear artificial nails, know that they can harbor more bacteria than the natural nail so, keep  'em clean.  

I agree about just having natural clean nails.  How hard is it? That is easy.  The press on nails with sunless tanner that has turned brown all around the edges is really sloppy and just poor grooming.  It is their job.  There are certain expectations when you are in the public eye. Clean hands that are on camera should be one of them.  Just saying.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Buster56 wrote:

Please pay attention to the hands of the Hosts!  The dime-store fake nails are awful and are really bad to watch when Hosts are presenting items.  Manicures should be mandatory for all.

I'd love to have a manicure but am not willing to take that risk right now. 

I don't really look at nails. I notice an orange or blotchy fake tan sometimes. But I'm more interested in the product than the host or his/her hands.

Valued Contributor

I would hate to think what my nails would look like under HD conditions. Seems every tiny little thing shows up. And if you do any crafts or yard work the hands show wear and tear no matter what you do.

Trusted Contributor
Oh please, I highly doubt that they are fearful of getting a manicure when it’s obvious that most of the hosts are still getting PS and fillers and whatever else makes them look younger
Super Contributor

What a mean post. 

Respected Contributor

@Buster56 wrote:

Please pay attention to the hands of the Hosts!  The dime-store fake nails are awful and are really bad to watch when Hosts are presenting items.  Manicures should be mandatory for all.

@Buster56   I agree 100%.  I tuned in one afternoon just long enough to see one of the younger more popular hosts selling jewelry. 

She had long, POINTED nails.  They looked like claws! 

Her nails were just gross looking. How do you function with nails like that?  Of course, she could not even fasten a clasp on a necklace, so I assume you don't. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I think everyone should lay off hosts.they go to work and do their jobs just like you and i.i bet if we ever met them,they would be very nice ppl.and if a few get on your nerves,turn the station.thats what I do

QVC Customer Care