Contributor

Please pay attention to the hands of the Hosts!  The dime-store fake nails are awful and are really bad to watch when Hosts are presenting items.  Manicures should be mandatory for all.

Respected Contributor

A lot of people don't want to risk their health for something frivoulous as manicures.

Honored Contributor

The hosts have let themselves go the past year.  They often need haircuts/styling/color and definitely manicures.  I know salons were closed for awhile but they've been open for months and have worked out systems for performing services safely. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I would assume that QVC is allowing it to be a personal decision for a host to go into a salon to receive any type of hair and nail services.  For that reason many may be opting not to visit their salons. I think we can excuse a personal decision based on one's own level of comfort for their health safety.   

Honored Contributor

Pennsylvania is not 100% opened up yet.  We still have a lot mandatory restrictions.  The salons are not allowed to see many clients as before  and only a few people are allowed in at a time and they must social distance and clean between patrons.  

It is also difficult to get an appointment here. There is a long line, you have to wait weeks and even months.

Cut the hosts a break.  There are more important any things to worry about than a manicure.   The hosts are also not eligible for vaccines yet, so why would anyone expect them to get a weekly manicure and put themselves at risk just to make the viewers happy?  If they are exposed, they will have to guaranteed for 14 days and work remotely...maybe from their bathroom, then there would more complaints.

Think about it.  It is not all about you.  Please be kind and caring and tolerant while we are dealing with COVID.

For the life of me, I just don't get the stupid complaints right now.

Wake up! There is a life and death virus going on and people are worrying about manicures.  Scheech.

Esteemed Contributor

I am much more interested in the product the host is presenting, than the condition of their nails. My buying decision is not based on how well their manicure looks, unless they become a hand model.😊 Some see the glass as half empty...😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

well said carmie!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree completely

Honored Contributor

Re: Polish up the Hosts

[ Edited ]

@Carmie    My female relatives in suburban Philly, have no influence at all and aren't on TV, but they seem to have no problem getting salon appointments.

There's nothing wrong with doing your own mani but I don't see evidence of that either.  I think they're taking advantage of the situation and saving a bit of money. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Polish up the Hosts

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   Our governor is allowing the bars and resturants to open up for 75% indoor dining soon.. April 4 at midnight. Right now there is no alochol allowed to be served anywhere unless you are eating a full meal and resturants are allowed to be open at  25% capacity and must close at 11 pm.

I own a beauty salon and rent out spaces.  I had to put plexiglass-glass between the shampoo bowls and between the stations.  People are waiting in their cars and they have to call to be let in and can only come in alone.  The shop can only have one person in at a time per stylist.  No mani or pedis are being done at all. ( they are permitted) but it is too difficult to keep up with the mandates and the shop is not big enough to allow the stylist and manicurists in at the same time. 

Only 6 people are allowed in the shop at once and that includes the stylists.  There are four stylist working, but they are not all there at the same time.  There is no receptionist there now either.

I would image that if the salon has stations and space for many stylists, they could see more patrons at a time.  Right now PA salons are hurting.

I personally have not had my hair done for over a year.  My very short hair is now past my shoulders and I wear a pony tail.  I could go get it done, I suppose, but the appointment would be a few weeks out.

I don't know anyone who is getting instant appointments and by law, you must have an appointment now.  No walk ins.

Trusted Contributor

@Buster56  Aren't the salons open in PA yet?  The ones near me have been.