Contributor

Policy changes needed for multiple returns in one box

Many people are returning items in one box to save on shipping. I have not and probably others have not attempted this because we don't want the problem of not being properly credited. This is an issue which needs to be addressed one way or the other.  QVC needs to change the return form to allow separate order numbers documented and credited properly. This would make the option available to all QVC customers, and not just a few who have figured out a way to save on returns. Customer Service should not have to deal with this on a per case basis. Imagine the confusion and lines tied up if thousands started calling customers service daily for every combined  return not credited properly. Lastly the multiple returns in one box process is fair only to those who do it. Yet those of us who do not wish to take a chance are in effect subsidizing their 'free' return.( ex. using one $6.95 label to return five separate orders normally costing them $34.75). This post is a personal observation not directed towards anyone here. Customer Service please forward this comment to management.

Honored Contributor

Re: Policy changes needed for multiple returns in one box

they can barely handle 1 return,

their IT couldn't figure this out

and yes there should be a method for this.

Honored Contributor

If you think folks who send back multiple returns in one package using one preprinted Q return label for $6.95 and are not being charged as they open the package you are sadly mistaken. The only way this MAY be happening is if you return items that were sent to you that way. 

You order two of the same whatever in your same order, you get them in the same order (ie sent together in the same package) and you choose to return both together in the same bag, same preprinted return label then you MAY be charged $6.95 (or lose $6.95) once. 

If you choose to return multiple items in the same package but were different orders, you will be charged $6.95 for each item returned. They were seperate orders sent out separately. They do not consider this multiple orders returned for only one return charge on the preprinted label of $6.95 deducted only once - NOT.

Respected Contributor

The solution is paying for your own shipping instead of using the Q return label.

Respected Contributor

I have often returned several items in one box or bag from different orders and I have always been charged just one $6.95 for the entire return.

Honored Contributor

@SugarGlider   I just returned several holiday orders in one box...I have been returning multiple orders in one package for several years now.

What I do is make sure each invoice is with the item it's supposed to go with to make it easier for the people processing the return.

However I don't use the QVC return label.  I ship it back using FedEx and it gets there in 2-3 days.  I can see the time & signature when it was received.

Never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

I've always returned more than one return in one package.  Can't remember ever having a problem.  I am terrible at saving the return paperwork and at times have to handwrite it.  Why don't you try it and make like a summary to put with the return.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am not sure as to why , you suggest a " policy " change .  The only policy change that I would suggest is that if you need to return an item  or items for whatever the reason that  if you use the preprinted return label that the return  postage be the same that you paid to receive the item . As it stands , you may have a $3.50  shipping fee to receive the item but the preprinted return  label is $6.95  . Having to pay for shipping that is nonrefundable  is bad enough. As customers we take chances on anything we order as to if it will fit or that it is not damaged in shipping or that the item is just defective.  From some items that I  see people  reviews  , I believe that QVC is selling " seconds " such as their Temptations line.  I have Lock n Lock glass cassarole dishes that the lids were broken when I received them.

As far as returing in one package more than one item, you have to  makesure all the items have the same  return destination as listed on the original packing slip .  Sending multiple  items in the same  package saves you  return shipping fees . If you use a preprinted label and put more than one item it you are going to be charged $6.95-$8.95 for each item.

Respected Contributor

When I do multiple returns in one box, I include a letter detailing what is in the box and stating that since one label was used, please do not charge return shipping for all. No problems. 

Honored Contributor

According to an earlier explanation by the mods, up to 2 items can ride in the same return package using the pre-paid label for one charge.  They would need to be like items ,like clothing.

As usual with QVC, the on-going problem is communication between departments or even to employees.  When a policy is enacted only a small portion are immediately familiar with it and some never seem to know about it.  If you called CS and asked 5 reps about this policy, you'd probably get 5 different answers.

Boy, does QVC ever need a VP of communications!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment