Trusted Contributor

First, I applaud QVC for using plus size models, and glad they make sure the clothes are offered in sizes for everyone. However, lately I've noticed that many times the ONLY model is a plus size, so it's difficult to see how the garment would look on an "average" size person. Of course it's also hard to see how the garment looks if they only use size zero models as well. I'm sure it's difficult these days, to find enough models to represent a variety of sizes every time something is shown on air. Perhaps in addition to whatever live model is available they could show a picture on the website of a model in petite, small, medium, large and plus size. Models definitely help to sell the clothing since QVC customers come in all shapes and sizes, and most of us look to see that representation before we purchase. P.S. It also helps if the models and hosts are wearing their CORRECT size, instead of obviously squeezing into something that is too small!  Nobody cares if a host isn't an XS anymore, our sizes change as we age, that's life!

Respected Contributor

I am a petite. 5" 1"  107 pounds. It's insulting to have an item on Jane or Courtney with it coming nearly to their knees , looking ill - fitting and hearing them say " and if you're a petite it will fit you as well."

Bottom line - if a item isn't in a petite size and I don't see it on a petite model, I don't buy it. 

And, with Qs dreadful return policy and high prices, I shop for clothing mostly  elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I HEARTILY AGREE!!!   I have no trouble seeing plus size models, at 5'9 and 155, I am not skinny. I really don't like seeing models at either end of the scale, either extremely thin or super extremely heavy. Neither give me a good look at what clothes look like on real people. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd rather see  2 different size models wear an item rather than 2 Hosts . It is imperative that  whomever is modeling the clothes wear the correct size . Most of the time  the clothes  are  a size too small .

Valued Contributor

I'm really getting annoyed at not seeing regular sized models of the clothing on qvc - When Amy Stran models anything, then I can get an idea of what, for instance, Lori Goldstein's clothing will look like on me.  I have slim legs and so does she, so it's a pleasure when Amy is on.  The majority of the models seem to be plus size, they are forgetting about the rest of us!

Valued Contributor

I agree...Would be nice to see clothes on an average size person....

Respected Contributor
The hosts should stop modeling the clothes. For one they do not give their true size and it also distracts from the actual item. QVC should go back to using models who are petite, average and plus sizes.
Honored Contributor

The horror of seeing an outfit on a plus sized model!!

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart yes plus size models should be shot!should be locked away,should hide every inch of their bods.s,being very sarcastic here.

Respected Contributor

I happened on this great website that sold clothing and when you clicked the button for your size it showed the item in that size - like small, medium, large, xl, 1x and so on.  It was very helpful and impressive!  I need to find it again -  my thought at the time was that all stores should try to do just that.  And yes, I agree on air they should show items on regular and plus models because that would be helpful to people.   In my opinion, at little off topic, it is also helpful to see the different colors and patterns on people.  So I would suggest the hosts try on a pocketbook for us in the different options, same with a jacket, etc.