Valued Contributor

Pls say, "We're Offering you..." rather than, "We're Giving you..."

Nothing is ever being 'given' to us, we are paying for it!  Whenever I hear that phrase, "We are GIVING you..."  it immediately turns me off & I often change the channel.  It just irks me, lol.  So if other people feel the same way, perhaps a better phrase to use is, "We are Offering you...' instead?  

A small thing, but it seems more appropriate.  Thanks for considering it. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

Re: Pls say, "We're Offering you..." rather than, "We're Giving you..."

[ Edited ]

Doesn't bother me one bit.  I watch and will buy if I want the product and I do not care what wording and sales techniques they are trained to use!!

Also, one of the definitions of give is:   

give verb (OFFER)

toallow something you own or control to be owned or used by another:

The presentation and product are controlled by the host and vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard on HSN the other day, the woman, Stephanie, from the Curations  line of clothing say "We really aren't selling here today, but really giving this away."  I thought, Oh brother, now there's a new one.

Must be they are always looking for new ways to say the same thing Smiley Happy.  Afterall, their job is talking and selling.....I couldn't talk about one thing for 20 minutes and have it all be fresh.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

when are people going to realize they are watching sales.  You can't take everything literally. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't care what they say or how they say it.  It's a sales channel.  It's up to me as an educated consumer to decide if it's a good value.

Respected Contributor

I get the OP's point. I think other good terms might be "supplying" or "providing"...or "We're adding....."

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Valued Contributor

Ok naysayers, I get what you are saying.  But I posted this thread deliberately in the "Suggestion" area, and that is my own personal suggestion & I stand by it.  YMMV, and I may or may not agree with what you are saying either, but I'm glad we all have that option in life to make our own choices.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

Not my most "change the channel" comment.  The one I hate is "I'VE got this for you in . . . "  No, YOU don't have it.  QVC has it, and that means "WE" have it for the buyers . . . not you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another famous Q saying is "get yours now, we have only a [small number] to go around," as if they were handing out pieces of birthday cake.

QVC Customer Care