Contributor

Re: Please teach the hosts? Pronunciation

You are absolutely right.  The same host who says "buh un" also says "cah in" for cotton and "lenth" for length.  It is not a matter of regional pronunciation; it sounds uneducated and childish.  I do not know why QVC does not address this.  To the viewer, it sounds like nails on a blackboard.

Valued Contributor

Does not meter for me. She is very good host.

Honored Contributor

Though l agree that this is a problem, I can deal with occasional mispronunciations of words.

What l find harder to listen to are voices that are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Some of the female product reps. have such high-pitched voices, they sound like children, or like they just inhaled helium. Woman Surprised l change the channel when this occurs.

l believe this is a problem that is costing the Q numerous viewers, and as a result, countless sales. This needs to be addressed with voice coaching before these folks are deemed ready for television. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was one ex-host who always said "impordant" instead of "important". I had wondered why no one ever talked to her about that.

Honored Contributor

interesting quote from sandra bennett from a while back. i would not be surprised if ALL of them feel this way.

"I'd rather my feedback come from my producers than whether someone online likes my hair or not."

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/fashion/19hosts.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

interesting quote from sandra bennett from a while back. i would not be surprised if ALL of them feel this way.

"I'd rather my feedback come from my producers than whether someone online likes my hair or not."

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/fashion/19hosts.html

So she is saying she don't care what write.