Valued Contributor

Re: Please stop with all the Christmas Shows

@LilMadi wrote:

Carol08:  I totally agree with you.  For me too it's the highlight of my shopping experience with QVC and I know others feel the same way.

@LilMadi - It is the highlight of my shopping experience with QVC, also.  Many others feel the same way.  Just because I don't want a vacuum cleaner, it is not right for me to have a hissy fit over Dyson, or any other item I don't wish to buy.  I totally agree with you, too!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Slopester wrote:

No matter what we write QVC will continue this obscene programming bonanza. To see a xmas tree in the month of July is abhorrent but it must make them big bucks. Last year they started selling GIFTS in July and programmed  GIFT show every week many times thru the fall into December. Doesn't Labor Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving deserve timely blocks of solid ime. One day devoted to Halloween last year? Really? I know a costume costs much less than a xmas tree but come on!!AS we get older time seems to fly by and we should take a breath, take our time and enjoy the slow beauty of autumn, undisturbed by seeing xmas hawked on TV till our eyes glaze over.It is only August 2. You can program xmas decor, gifts, foods,lights,trees,creches,xmas  decor wizards more into fall  while not insulting and grating ournerves and making us anxious6 months before the real anxiety sets in. You will make your billions as you also include your purchased HSN. Don't forget Chanukah either!

Wow! Take a breath. 

It's only a shopping channel, not a government overthrow or World War II. Let's just keep it in perspective people!

You still have the right to change the channel or do something else.

@Mominohio- I totally agree with you. All it takes is a flip on the remote (or whatever) to change the channel.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @Carol08 !!!!

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

hsawaknow:

Why can't you just let us enjoy it?  It's one month out of the whole year.

Im not saying stop as an end all be all. Im simply stating the Whole MONTH IS EXCESSIVE not to mention all the shows they will have in August, September, October and then full on December.Its more then one month is 5. Why not make QVC2 nothing but Christmas 24/7

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Frequent Contributor

Why are we complaining about this? There's entire fashion weekends all the time and 24 hour gem events. I think people just get their knickers in a twist when the whole channel doesn't revolve around thier taste for a day or 2. Not to mention QVC has an entire channel dedicated to beauty. Can you imagine if there was a channel dedicated only to holiday? Knickers would be twisting everywhere!!!! Don't like it, don't watch it.

Respected Contributor

@IdahoMom

I wish you read my post before you posted. and by the way I dont watch any Christmas shows as I do not celebrate Christmas. I know how to use the remote and do so when ANY show comes on I dont care to watch.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Frequent Contributor

@hsawaknow

I did read your original post. And in my opinion they took a cute idea and made it even better, not ran it into the ground as you said. I'm saying that people, including yourself as shown in your post, focus on over programming Chrismas shows when all the other genres, beauty, tech, home, jewlery, fashion, get just as much if not more air time. 

Valued Contributor

I am not fond of any of the programming lately. It has turned into a 24 hour infomercial. I do not buy one thing for Christmas from the Q even though I love Christmas. I find my stuff in other places like the Hallmark shops, Pennys, and specialty stores.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Preach it, sisters!

Valued Contributor

PLEASE  WE ARE BEGGING YOU<   STOP!!!