Esteemed Contributor

Please stop using that cheap styrofoam packing...

[ Edited ]

I got 2 "as is" purchases from Valerie's line today and they were both packed in that cheap ball-like styrofoam packing that just goes everywhere...

I can't save it to pack them up for next year and they are Christmas items.

Hubby was sucking up the little "ball" pieces with the sweeper while I unpacked it. It even sticks to the item.

The boxes they came in seem to be more banged up and I'm sure my UPS guy has a bunch of it in his truck

My purchases were very nice though and I got a good price getting them "as is" I just have to figure out how to store it until next year.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please stop using that cheap styrofoam packing...

I think this is an issue with VPH items as the styrofoam I have items packed in  is also  so flimsy.  Made in China.  Mine have been banged up as well as really light, cheesy cardboard. Only happens with VPH items.  

Honored Contributor

Those styrofoam pellets are THE worst.  I haven't seen them in years and actually thought they were not allowed to be used anymore.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50.  I believe the OP is referring to solid, molded styrofoam that disintegrates into tiny balls charged with static electricity that cause them to stick to everything.  They seem to be a staple in Chinese factories selling nicknacks and they're a real mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kaydee50.  I believe the OP is referring to solid, molded styrofoam that disintegrates into tiny balls charged with static electricity that cause them to stick to everything.  They seem to be a staple in Chinese factories selling nicknacks and they're a real mess.

Thanks @Kachina624 ...that IS what I meant....LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh my, yes.  It's a cheap substitute for Dow Chemical's brand Stryrofoam.  

It breaks easily and flakes all over the place, sticks to your clothes, and doesn't do a good job of protecting breakable items.  Often useless for returning something since it ends of in broken pieces and flakes everywhere.   

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma @Kachina624   Yes, I agree, totally.  It is sort of spongelike and does not do a proper job of protecting the item it surrounds.  The cardboard containers also seem to be less sturdy for these items which defeats their purpose of having items arrive without daamage.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

If the items are being shipped from China, that's the styrofoam you are going to get.

Along with the cheap cardboard that's held together with scotchtape on every single corner of the box as it's wrapped around it three times!!!

Occasional Contributor

I recently moved into a new home.  EVERYTHING that I order is packed with that nasty miniscule styrofoamy nastiness.  It gets on the floor, the walls, my clothes, my hands, my feet, my dog, my rugs, my counters and my vacum just spits it back out at me.  I could go on and on. UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I got 2 "as is" purchases from Valerie's line today and they were both packed in that cheap ball-like styrofoam packing that just goes everywhere...

I can't save it to pack them up for next year and they are Christmas items.

Hubby was sucking up the little "ball" pieces with the sweeper while I unpacked it. It even sticks to the item.

The boxes they came in seem to be more banged up and I'm sure my UPS guy has a bunch of it in his truck

My purchases were very nice though and I got a good price getting them "as is" I just have to figure out how to store it until next year.

@Nataliesgramma  can you wrap the items in bubble wrap and place them in a different box or one of those large plastic containers with the cover?