Respected Contributor

Re: Please stop talking, Susan Graver. I may actually buy something from you...

Last night while presenting her tsv with Jacque G. she kept asking on air for the tank that went with her and Jacque basically told her to stop talking because there was not much time left to present it.  Susan immediately stopped, pretended to zip her lips, and got very quiet so Jacque could speak.  It was an odd moment.

She also stated it was the best tsv she has done in all her years at the Q.  A little over the top with her statements.  She is always saying "you have to get this, it is the best ever".

Then a week later the reviews come in and they are nothing special, many negative.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4uI agree with the quality of Graver clothes.  I purchased a pair of ankle pants in one of her silky fabrics to wear to a wedding.  They were dressy sort of pants. I only wore them 3 times and the entire back seam split.  They were very loose fitting not tight. Never again.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Last night while presenting her tsv with Jacque G. she kept asking on air for the tank that went with her and Jacque basically told her to stop talking because there was not much time left to present it.  Susan immediately stopped, pretended to zip her lips, and got very quiet so Jacque could speak.  It was an odd moment.

She also stated it was the best tsv she has done in all her years at the Q.  A little over the top with her statements.  She is always saying "you have to get this, it is the best ever".

Then a week later the reviews come in and they are nothing special, many negative.

I've heard hosts do that on occasion with her over the many years and to Susan's credit, she closes her mouth, ususally makes a zip sign and good naturedly steps back.....  as irritating as she can be, I think she genuinely can't help herself.  And I've always said that she has a good heart.... but my oh my....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Maybe people could actually stand to watch her, if the hosts would remind her at the start of each program not to talk over them.  I know that sounds rude, but her rudeness is driving people away.  Once she's on, and I have to change the channel, I don't go back for the rest of the day.  I would bet I am not alone in not going back for the rest of the day.  There is so much to watch on TV, her rude behavior just isn't tolerated in my home.  I would rather hear the occasional foul language in a movie, than witness how rude she is to the hosts.  Other designers are enthusiastic and proud, yet, they are able to behave in a civilized way.  I believe she knows all too well what she's doing, that's just the tacky way she chooses to sell her stuff.  So, until QVC can figure out how to have one of their employees behave, I will continue to change the channel and vote with my dollars, by making the choice to not purchase her items.  You see, unlike Ms Graver, I do have basic self control!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I am not trying to be nasty or mean, but all that complain about Susan continue to watch.  Just dont watch her segment.  Easy solution.  But I am sure it is more fun to watch and then make snarly remarks about her.  Again Im dont intend to insult anyone, I just cant figure this out.

I can not figure out your post... Perhaps, next time proof read before you post anything out.Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

ImaOldHippie wrote:

I am not trying to be nasty or mean, but all that complain about Susan continue to watch.  Just dont watch her segment.  Easy solution.  But I am sure it is more fun to watch and then make snarly remarks about her.  Again Im dont intend to insult anyone, I just cant figure this out.

--------------------------------------

I think it's because the die-hards that used to buy SG all the time keep hoping they'll find something they love before they're driven away from the show.  I myself keep hoping, but my hope lies in hoping the item is made from the wonderful fabrics I remember and has not skimped on sleeve length, etc... but most here aren't watching so they can run back here and snark... most are truly disappointed by what has happened to her and her line, but keep hoping things will change....  I know I do.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
New Contributor

I agree with you.........she is totally to talkative but so are some of the other promoters....

but on the other hand....some of the hosts wont let them get a word in edgewise............

Trusted Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

Susan has to be one of the most rude persons on TV.  But, QVC must condone it, she's been that way for years, and is only getting worse.  QVC seems to promote her offensive, and rude behavior.  They try to stuff her rags down our throats.  I vote with my purchases, and refuse to consider buying anything from someone who treats the hosts that way.  If you  notice, most of her things go to clearance and Lunchtime Special Values fairly fast.  There's usually several of her items on Lunchtime Special Values.  I don't think she sells like she use to.

@Lila4Now..... Lunchtime Specials is where I buy her clothing....tops and jackets. I'm able to buy them half price! I'm hard to fit... 4' 11" - XL in tops and LG in jackets. As with any line I always check for length and they are always too long, but l do find if her tops have side slits that I can wear them....and I have found several lately on the Lunchtime Specials from 11 am - 4 pm ET. 

Honored Contributor

You can't fool us...lol   You spent a lot of time on this post, you don't like the woman.  You wouldn't buy something from her line if she paid you...lol   She's QVC's best selling designer, the most popular and she's been with Qvc longer than all other designers.  So, yeah.  Her "stuff" is good.  Odd though.  You obviously don't like the woman so why in the world would you watch her show?????  

Honored Contributor

Are her things any good?...It depends.  I tend not to like "liquid knit" . there is something abut the fit & feel of the fabric that I don't care for .  However I purchased this vest of hers and liked it so much I went back & bought two additional colors.

I do agree abut her non stop talking.  I tend to have several windows open on my computer and I wanted to see the presentation of the vest that I just mentioned.  When I went to check the video I kept hearing several voices so at first I thought it was another video from a different open window...no I realized it was Susan chattering over Jayne!