Valued Contributor

Please stop putting the return label on the outside of the box!

I am in the process of trying to prepare a box to send back to QVC and this item has one of those stupid labels that on top of the box.  There's three label - the one on top is the shipment label to me, the middle label is the return label and the bottom label is the return shipping label.  It's supposed to make things easier, but I don't think that a QVC employee has ever tried to use these labels to return an item!  Maybe that's the plan - frustrate the customer to the point that they just give us and keep the item.  First of all, these labels are usually slapped on the box in such a messy way that it's hard to even peel them apart.  Secondly, I just tried to complete the boxes on the return label and, because it's smooth and glossy, you can't even write on it using a regular pen; I finally had to resort to using a Sharpie.  This is the stupidest return label ever!  Sorry, just felt like I had to vent. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop putting the return label on the outside of the box!

I agree, that is so annoying and not particularly obvious that it contains the return label and order information. Plus trying to get it off without ripping is is no easy feat either. 

Super Contributor

Oh I agree! I've only had to return one item using a label like that but it was a mess Woman Sad

The label was damaged on the way to me and that meant all layers were slightly "off" and all stuck to each other. Figuring out that the return label was actually underneath was one thing, but when part of it was totally stuck to the other it made it soooo hard to get apart and get it to stick correctly to get it back to them.

And then the return took ages to get credited....wait, that's a whole other topic LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a few "run-ins" with return labels, but was able to easily print another one.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I actually just returned from the UPS store.  I actually paid for my QVC return this time rather than using the prepaid label.  I returned an item almost a month ago using the prepaid label and it's nowhere to be found.  Physically walked the package into the post office and dropped it into the secure package bin and it has disappeared.  So I decided that I wouldn't be using the prepaid labels anymore and that I would pay for my own shipping with proper tracking and insurance.  Post office tracking is the worst.  Anyway, probably won't be ordering much from QVC anymore because I'll think twice before ordering considering how expensive it is to return things.  On the other hand, I commend Nordstrom.  I purchased a couple of items from them recently and the shipping to me was free and the return shipping is free, too.  Excellent customer service.

Honored Contributor

@sueeich    Contact the mods about your missing return at. QVC SocialTeam@QVC.com including your order #.  They are very slow processing returns but may be able to track it down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I also agree - more idiot ideas from someone at QVC.....it never stops anymore

Trusted Contributor

My return labels are always in the inside of the package with the merchandise unless the items are sent in a box and then the return label is on the outside under a plastic protective cover. A couple of times I have had a damaged label on the inside of the package, but I have just printed a new label on the website. I don't understand what the big problem is.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree!!!

Respected Contributor

I am glad I dont have to print out my own labels as my lap top takes a long time to load and print. A few times I have had to get out the School Glue and glue plus tape the label and I find that  more annoying.