Valued Contributor

Please show the inside of the handbags!

[ Edited ]

I watched the video re-caps of the Patricia Nash handbag TSV and other bags in the show.  I don't know what happened during the live presentation, but the section that was selected for the video does not show either the host or the guest giving a full tour of the inside of the bags. We got a brief peek at the TSV at the very end of the video, and another handbag, a tote never got opened at all.

The inside, how the bag closes (zip or snap,) whether it has a center zip compartment, dimensions, etc is the FIRST thing I want to see, yet colors are shown again and again and again. We can SEE the exterior of the bag, so why spend SO much time going over colors and patterns without once showing the inside? If I don't get to see it, I start to wonder if you are hiding something.

I will not purchase such a pricey item without the opportunity to thoroughly consider ALL of the details.  After all, isn't this supposed to be the benefit of having a host/guest and doing a live presentation? If I wanted to just look at online pictures, I could shop on Amazon. The shipping would certainly be much quicker and cheaper.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please show the inside of the handbags!

@Suziqzee I also want to see the inside before I order.  I've never once seen a handbag I loved enough from its outer appearance that I bought it without checking the interior.

what used to amaze me when I watched was how often various colors sold out long before we saw the details either during the presentation or on the website.  Guess it just doesn't matter to many women.

Respected Contributor

So silly.  Just a poor presentation if not showing how the bag functions!  It s nice aesthetically, but it's > 2 lbs, so doesn't meet my criteria!  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a Brahmin bag in a fantastic color (bluebonnet) that was sold out on the Brahmin site but found in Belks.  Never saw the inside but bought it anyway,  It was a center divider which I don't like. I kept it and anytime I use it I say wish it didn't have this.  I love the looks of the bag so I deal with it.  Never did that again!  My fault for sure. Good thing it was on sale and I had a coupon.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Suziqzee I also want to see the inside before I order.  I've never once seen a handbag I loved enough from its outer appearance that I bought it without checking the interior.

what used to amaze me when I watched was how often various colors sold out long before we saw the details either during the presentation or on the website.  Guess it just doesn't matter to many women.

True, @millieshops. I don't get it, either. It's a lot of money to lay out. I don't think it's asking too much to see the functionality of the bag.

Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

So silly.  Just a poor presentation if not showing how the bag functions!  It s nice aesthetically, but it's > 2 lbs, so doesn't meet my criteria!  

@Skyegirl21I hadn't noticed the weight, so thank you for pointing that out.

Valued Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I saw a Brahmin bag in a fantastic color (bluebonnet) that was sold out on the Brahmin site but found in Belks.  Never saw the inside but bought it anyway,  It was a center divider which I don't like. I kept it and anytime I use it I say wish it didn't have this.  I love the looks of the bag so I deal with it.  Never did that again!  My fault for sure. Good thing it was on sale and I had a coupon.

Exactly what I would wish to avoid. Your bag sounds fabulous, though. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Suziqzee  I agree, and I have been complaining about this for years.  I am very particular about the handbags I carry, especially the inside.  Anyway, I've given up purchasing any handbags from the Q.  

Honored Contributor

I agree and give measurements!! ShopHQ is the worst in presenting handbags.

Honored Contributor

I never used to care about the functional features of a bag -- only about whether I liked the style and color!  Now, I don't care how cute or pretty a bag is -- if it doesn't have the features I need -- forget it.  They need to show the insides of it and if it can't be clearly seen (if the inside is dark) then describe it --- are there pockets, zippers, dividers, etc.  Also, show if there is a pocket or zipper on the outside and show the type of handle or handles.  Make sure to describe the size and also the weight.  These are all important considerations for me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin