Super Contributor

Please set an AUTO DEFAULT for credit cards...

I would like an default setting for a credit card of my choice that gets used when I purchase.  Now, if I want to use a different credit card that's on file I should be able to do that for that one purchase but then the system should automatically default BACK to the card that I chose as the default card.  I just checked my purchases for recent days and I noticed that the ''system'' chose a card for me and not the one that I've been using. Now I have charges on a credit card that I did not want charges to go to. And then purchases right after that were charged to the usual card that I want to use.  WHO makes these decisions for me?  I would just like the option to chose a DEFAULT card all by my self and have it stick. Is this a doable thing at QVC like it is elsewhere?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please set an AUTO DEFAULT for credit cards...

My account always defaults to my chosen card, so I know "auto default" is an option. Out of curiosity, did you use different payment approaches (i.e., Speed Buy versus the full checkout process) for your purchases that went to alternate cards? I have seen and heard several statements on the Q website and from Q hosts about differing payment options being available depending on which approach is utilized during checkout.

Honored Contributor

i never use speed pay.....not sure if that is what you are using or not.

when i check out, the QCARD is always my default payment, no matter what card i used before.

if i want to use a different credit card i check VISA1234. the next time i check out, VISA1234 is going to be the next CC underneath my QCARD. if i want to change that, then i can click on MC2121. the next time i check out, the MC2121 will be my credit card underneath the QCARD account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

They are supposed to have a default card but it usually defaults to the last card you used.  You can change the card on any of your past purchase by doing an edit on them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never keep a card stored on a site

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I never keep a card stored on a site

@jackthebear  neither do I.  I used to store my card # on this website.  A few years ago, they were hacked or something similar.  I deleted it right away.  It's not a big deal to enter my cc # each time - and it's far safer.

Super Contributor

Thanx for all your replies. It none of them are what was happening in my instance .  I purchased something one day and purchase something another day and the charges went to two different cards. The last purchase went to the original card that I've been using.  And by the time I noticed that the charge went to a card that I did not want to place it on it was too last to change it.  I NEVER have these situations on other shopping sites. On HSN they DO say the last two card numbers when you are about to buy something which is a great feature. QVC is not that accomidating.  

Respected Contributor

@plmokn  My suggestion would be to always place your orders online, rather than by phone.  You will always be able to choose the correct card on file or enter a new one that way.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine auto defaults to my card of choice.  I do not have a Q card nor do I want one.  Been there, done that.  No more.  I  want to have control and the last time I used a Q card I had all kinds of issues. Seems the company with the card did not coordinate well with the Q when there was even a minor issue.  

Super Contributor

I do NOT have a q card, never did, never will.  This involves my own cards.  I don't understand why it would make a diff if I ordered by phone as lim watching and want  to order what's on tv or if if I go online which will show the card of my choice.